Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Announcement :-)
no, and I was really p'd off about that too, we were really looking forward to that (and going on up to
Yakima to see some friends), but these things happen.

Still, the money we were saving up for the USA trip is still being saved, but for a different reason obviously!! lol

Got my 'travelsystem' and car seat on Saturday (another Ebay bargain), gonna try them in the De tho to make sure they fit Shock
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Now, I've absolutely no idea what I'm doing when it comes to fitting baby seats in cars,
but I *think* I've done this right?

HELP!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

[Image: P120509_1851.jpg]

[Image: P120509_1852.jpg]

[Image: P120509_185101.jpg]

I can just imaging rolling up at Mothercare asking if I'm fitting one of their seats correctly!! :lol:
Hi Claire,
That looks about right. If you want peace of mind make a note of the make and model of seat
and take a trip down to Kiddicare here in Peterborough. Don't take your seat with you.
They have a trial fitting service. So look like you want to buy a new version of your ebay seat and
they will show you how it fits 8). That's what we did :wink: .

Kiddicare is worth a trip anyway. The place is huge, imagine a building twice the floor area of your average Homebase. But 3 floors high! One floor is just pushchairs and prams!
Best to go on a weekday as weekends are very busy.

I admit though that it is bloke hell! So don't say I didn't worn you Phill :lol:

Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
haha, thanks for the tip mate. :wink:

TBH, I hate shopping even more then Phill does, and the thought of a three storey shop
full of kids stuff (and the screaming brats its aimed at) fills me with dread.

Hence why I'm doing my shopping online as much as possible (plus its alot cheaper).

They've still got the car seat I've bought in Mothercare, so I might have a trip down there
in either the Cav or the Astra Convertible and see if they can show me how to fit it - I would
imagine that any three point seatbelt will fit exactly the same, no matter what the car?
Many congrats Claire and Phil, See you Saturday.

My tip for the new parent?....start saving your money!

Its quite expensive for the first couple of years........then even more expensive.....then when they are teenagers you will have more angst as well as designer clothes to buy...driving lessons....then an car, insurance, tax etc. .....then they will need help setting up a home........when they get to their 30's it can slacken off a bit......but not much!

Oh the joys of parent hood. ( 3 kids Parnham)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Hi Chris, thanks for the words of wisdom.

Luckilly we were saving anyway -albeit for the Vegas trip - but I know what you mean - my
parents were skint when I was growing up - and I never got the designer clothes, driving
lessons or a car bought for me Sad

Dont worry, I'm gonna get it employed by the local chimney sweep as soon as poss, make it
start earning its keep :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seeya Saturday, be nice to catch up with you again Smile
FLIPPIN HECK !
Well done Claire and Phil. Congrats!
And I thought you hated kids! lol
I couldnt be happier for you both. Its certainly a life changing experience. Better get your d's put in storage, never mind putting a baby seat in one! Unless you're loaded that is! lol

All the best from me, Catherine, Baby Heidi, Olivia and Elle.
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
haha, cheers Birksie Smile At least Heidi will have a little playmate at future DOC events Smile -
and you dont live that far from us now, so it will be easy for us all to get together and
go places Smile

TBH, I do 'hate' kids, I cant stand the ones that scream and run around everywhere, but
thats probably more down to parents who dont give a toss and just let their kids run riot
rather then the kids themselves being bad.

I just cant wait to get the Cabby finished so that me and my bump can go cruising with
the roof down - when it stops raining of course tho!! lol

Seeya soon mate - and love to the family - little Heidi must be a year old now?

xxx
Cheers Claire.
Yeah, she's not far off. On her way to 11 months now. July 3rd.
There's a few newer pics of her on my Facebook profile.

We'll have to have a meetup and maybe a BBQ in the summer. Get hording the Magners and Bulmers pear cider! 8) :lol:
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
that sounds like a darn fine plan matey - have a meet and bbq to celebrate you being able
to drive again - or just for the hell of it! Big Grin

I'm not allowed normal Magners, but they do a 2.3% version which I think tastes better then
the full strength one, so I have one of those now and again Smile

Will check out facebook Smile

Catcha soon!
Claire Usher Wrote:Hi Chris, thanks for the words of wisdom.

Luckilly we were saving anyway -albeit for the Vegas trip - but I know what you mean - my
parents were skint when I was growing up - and I never got the designer clothes, driving
lessons or a car bought for me Sad

Dont worry, I'm gonna get it employed by the local chimney sweep as soon as poss, make it
start earning its keep :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seeya Saturday, be nice to catch up with you again Smile

Not much call for chimney sweeps down south, but small 3 year olds do fit under cars very well to retrive that socket thats just rolled away from you Big Grin
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:Not much call for chimney sweeps down south, but small 3 year olds do fit under cars very well to retrive that socket thats just rolled away from you Big Grin
Chris

bonus!!!! You've had Jamie rolling about under your car then by the sounds of it!! rofl :lol:

Our baby will be about 2 1/2 months old come Xmas - is that too young to have overalls and
its first socket set? :wink:
I think the question is what will baby's first word be?

Delorean or Vauxhall Big Grin
DOC 527
Vin #10264
MikeH Wrote:I think the question is what will baby's first word be?

Delorean or Vauxhall Big Grin

hahaha!! pmsl :lol:

Probably should be Magners!! Mr Green
CLAIRE

well at least he or she will be able to learn how to put lego together at a fast rate Big Grin