Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delorean convertable on ebay
what i always wanted

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean ... 3aUSQ3a101
I'm not even going to look at the link if it's the one I think it is! What do you reckon? Tree or truck?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
tough to say. something landed on it. and some parts are missing. doubt it got flipped because the front is mostly intact.

don't look at the car as being wrecked, look at it as being an opportunity to get a cheap Delorean.

all those 'wanted: cheap delorean' threads - this is the answer.

also an answer to those threads that contain questions like 'what should i avoid when buying a delorean?' answer: 'one that's six inches shorter in height because it was parked next to a diseased ash tree during a windy night'
got an answer from the current owner:

the car crashed into a pole on the passenger side.

the parts listed for sale are included. pics to follow.
something landed on it.......was it a 747??.

now its a shame to scrap any D, and this is a low vin.

so Chris N at PJGrady, we know you like a challenge!!! a bit of stainless and fibre glass work!.

makes pilot 19 rebuild look too easy! :wink: :wink:

Regards

Steve
vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
That does look like a good project car!

Of course a full rebuild/new sections to be added to the car, and you have a delorean again! You never know what other damage is under that lot through.

Rob has all the sections for repair of this car in the lot, in fact i cut the rear end of a delorean tub with front end damage, a couple of years back to graft onto another D, it would be good to save two cars out of one already using a tub that has saved another delorean!

I have my hands full with D19! (or i should say D13 as most of the parts have D13 on them i cant wait to get my teeth into the car, currently finishing a full resto) i had better pass this one on!

Best wishes!

Chris
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Chris

could you ever make that car safe again, without replacing the entire underbody?

is it possible to graft on a fresh a-pillar?

looks like the entire underbody is split right through. on the driver's side you can see between the rear wheel and door sill there's sagging.

Dave.
Hi Dave

I think the car could be saved and made safe again. Of course on resale of the car it would really need to be mentioned to the new owner!

To be honest I have not looked that carefully at the pictures, as I don’t want to know lol but I have a good 'feel' of what can and can not be fixed, Pat a ex mechanic of Rob's once fixed similar damage, trick is to do the job properly i.e. plates and lots of them, along with fiber work! thing is the frame works a bit like the gullwing doors, strut and bar, frame and body.

In the long run I see this car having a new underbody, doors ect, it would be easier and cheaper for someone in the US to buy the car and swap the body out, sometimes just because it can be fixed does not mean it should be fixed, I have learnt the hard way!

Best wishes!

Chris
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
i too think can be repaired, but very unlikely in the US

cost would be high, and unless it was of higher value ie a pilot/RHD or celebrity owned etc i cannot see the car back on the road.

Shame really. if i had seen pilot 23/24 the one that crashed though in this state i would definately buy it!
it was supposedly fixed and went back on the road for testing and has now vanished, presumably broken up, or sitting in a farmers barn perhaps.

Surely there must be another pilot 'out-there' somewhere!. (maybe proto 2 :? )

Steve
vin 1621
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Hi Dave

I think the car could be saved and made safe again. Of course on resale of the car it would really need to be mentioned to the new owner!

To be honest I have not looked that carefully at the pictures, as I don’t want to know lol but I have a good 'feel' of what can and can not be fixed, Pat a ex mechanic of Rob's once fixed similar damage, trick is to do the job properly i.e. plates and lots of them, along with fiber work! thing is the frame works a bit like the gullwing doors, strut and bar, frame and body.

In the long run I see this car having a new underbody, doors ect, it would be easier and cheaper for someone in the US to buy the car and swap the body out, sometimes just because it can be fixed does not mean it should be fixed, I have learnt the hard way!

Best wishes!

Chris

message received and understood. too bad it's a low ish vin.
Thought it had my vin for a moment! lol
Mine:0981
His: 0891
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
yeah, I've had moments like that. Smile

i think the car went to one of the chaps in the florida club. eagle094.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193