Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Pilot 19 Has Arrived!
After months of waiting - P19 has finally arrived! Car was paid for in September - and we've had all sorts of fun and games with the shipping process.

Car is stored away from the workshop for now - as we won't get a chance to work on it until the current customer cars are cleared out.

I'll post some pictures on here over the next couple of days, but a quick look reveals that the car is made up of lots of parts for pilot 13 (the trim, etc has 'pilot 13' written on the back).

The car hasn't seen a road since 1985 - so when we do get around to restoring it - it'll be fun!

Regards

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Awesome! Is the condition better / worse than you expected Darren? And how long do you think restoration might take? (obviously about as long as a piece of string, but if you had to guess...)
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Restoration time? It'll be a while. Despite the obvious cosmetics (painted red, etc) the car has also sat unused in a barn for 25 odd years - so all fuel system, etc is likely to be dissolved!

With some £££££, I'd say maybe 6 months to do a proper restoration - but we have customer cars to complete first - so unlikely that we'll be in a position to touch #19 until later this year.

Cheers

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
nice one chaps. I've just had another look at your site. you've got pictures up already. nice one.

I was aware you were getting p19 in, but where did you get it from, where was the barn? Smile
Put it on a trailer and bring it to Eurotec, it would be really interesting to see the 'before' stage, unless Chris already has it in bits!

John C
Hi Darren

According to articles there was a 50'000 mile test car which crashed, was this a Pilot and do you know which one?

Cheers

Al
Fantastic news Darren, and interesting that another Pilot car was 'recycled' into this one.

Looking forward to the updates as and when you get time to do the work - mebbe you
could do a WIP diary for the club mag like Julian and others have done with their restos?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi all,

Quick answers to questions:

> Car was in a barn in California - not that far from where it was used for emissions testing. The owner before me had swapped it for a plane.

> The 50,000 mile pilot car was (we believe) pilot 23 or 24.

> I've done an emissions write up for the club magazine - I just need to update with a few pics, etc - then I'll send it over to Phil.

I'll post some pictures soon...

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Excellent, thanks Darren Big Grin Big Grin

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Did you guys get my email about possibly doing some photography on P19 / your place in general?
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Hi all,

Quick answers to questions:

>> The 50,000 mile pilot car was (we believe) pilot 23 or 24.

Darren

Is that RIA7123 that is in the Ulster Folk and Transport Museum? Not sure of the Vin/Pilot No.
of that car though. Would make sense if it was one of those, as RIA7124 (ex Alistair McCann)
was Pilot 25.....
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
yes

http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericConten ... _Cars.html

vin 514. did i read some pilots were vinned up?
There was another test car which crashed during the 50,000 mile test.

Apparently there were two of them.