Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Stainless Exhaust System - Fibreglass Baffling Issue
Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well.

So after about 200 miles with the Stainless Exhaust I am very pleased with the sound and everything, fitment was o.k for me which is good.

I have a issue with shards of fibreglass on the back bumper, on the louvers and engine cover and also on the engine.

As some of you know I have put different engine in, so there is no asbestos or fibreglass in the engine bay at all now, nothing. So wondering if you guys had the same problem????

I will call Don today and keep you all posted.

P.s the shards are glass like, not black, neat, around 2cm in length max.

Speak to you soon

Richard #10163
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

[Image: Signa-1.jpg]
Sounds like the baffle is coming out.

Dan
Hi

I have exactly the same problem Richard, although I am not sure if its as bad as it was.

But it was very noticeable.
Do they put soundproofing in?

I think i noticed it worst after a long drive

Al
Glad yours is the same matey

I spoke to Don he said its nothing to worry about, apparently it will stop, its just the e-glass wadding in the middle of the box.

I might richen the mixture up to glog it up perhaps.

Cheers

Richard
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

[Image: Signa-1.jpg]
Ok,

Well I thought it had got better, or gone away!

Whats your mixture running at now?
I have mine set up at 40 - 50 degrees on the dwell meter which is volvo spec ... if thats any use to you bud
Mine was the same until exhaust fitted, I have richened it slightly now.

Hopefully Dan will be able to source some washers for the fuel pressure then I will be able to sort that as well, then give it another tweak.
I suppose higher fuel pressue will have some bearing on how it runs but i know mine is spot on and runs great at that setting ... Sure if you get some more washers sorted thats gonna help bud ...
I will hopefully be sorting them out on thursday.
VIN: 6511
Rich,

I think we need to keep an eye on this, that wadding shouldnt come out out of the exhaust.
If it keeps happening, the exhaust could get blocked or get boomier.

A
A Van Wrote:Rich,

I think we need to keep an eye on this, that wadding shouldnt come out out of the exhaust.
If it keeps happening, the exhaust could get blocked or get boomier.

A

I wouldn't worry about it you're bound to get some loose fibres come out with a brand new custom made exhaust

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK