Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Milton Keynes Classic Tour - April 2009
This was the first DeLorean to attend the MK Classic Tour a Rallye which was welcome to all sports/performance cars both modern and classic. We ended up before the Porsche skid pan at Silverstone at the Milbrook Proving ground where camera's weren't allowed. The DeLorean effortlessly took the testing gradients and oval circuit in its stride. This was the third event of this type and my first. Robin Simpson wasn't at the brief stop at Porsche Silverstone; He wanted to be there but was out in his VW camper van at a different event. It helps to have a navigator as the directions through the rural villages etc are well thought out and you see a lot of back roads that aren't used any more because of the major A/B roads that have taken their place. I was following a MKII Jaguar down some country lanes at one point and it felt like I had gone back in time as I didn't see ANYTHING modern at all, just classic cars ahead of me and behind me. HUGE FUN. This event was not timed so it just a cruise between each checkpoint. Some American cars such as Corvette's were in attendance but a lot of the typical British 'stuff' E-Types, DB5/DB6's were making up the 100 plus cars in attendance. Either it was a co-incidenece or the organisers were big BTTF fans as my car was number 88. I'm now looking forward to seeing what will be arranged for the next event.

I'll find out when the next one is being arranged and will upload the dates to the Events section. This one was £40 which mostly goes to charity.

The skid pan at Silverstone was huge fun as per below:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnje5yrt7RE
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
was that on Saturday Chris?

We were at Silverstone on Saturday, got free tickets to the VSCC Spring Race there, had a really good day out and the weather was lovely, despite the forecast!

We've done similar Classic Tours with the Triumph Sports Six Club up in Derbyshire (open to all classics), the last one we did, Phill took Sorbet and I took the Rapier. Fab day out - but I didnt have the luxury of a navigator unfortunately Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Sounds like brilliant fun Chris Big Grin Good to see UIJ still running strong!! I would love to know when the next one is as im in talks with www.classiccartv.co.uk to do features for them so I would love to come and film at the next one! That skid pan looked like fun, knowing me I'd probably light the Volvo's tyres up haha!... well one of them at least, I haven't welded the diff yet haha!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk