Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Left over parts, what are they?
Hi there, After putting my delorean back together I have 4 of these thick washers left, they have a 10mm hole. Does anyone know what they are from and where they are meant to be?

[Image: washer.jpg]
VIN: 6511
You have done very well to only have 4 bit's left over after doing a complete frame off :lol: Tub to frame washers perhaps?
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Gee no idea all i can think of is spacers on the front suspension / control arms....
I've tracked them down on DMCH website. Big Grin They are the washers for the anti roll bar clamps. That makes sense because I have the DPNW kit on there now. Phew thank god the body doesn't have to come off again :wink:

Cheers.
Nice job Dan. I bet you can cruise on the last few jobs knowing that the car will be so ready in time for Eurotech.

Your car ready does look concours from the photos. What else is there to do to make it perfect?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Gold plate it!Mr Green
Its not concours because the chassis is the wrong shade of grey and it has a stainless exhaust, and a non standard radio :wink:

I don't think there is anything left to do now, as long as nothing has packed up while its been in bits everything should work.
I've ahd a look in my box of brackets screws and washers and can't find any that look like that. the corrosion (or lack of it) would give a good indication as to its position.

as you know the seat belt bolts to the centre column through the tub - as far as i remember the washers on both of those were quite chunky.

on the other hand, they're not spacers to go on either side of the shocks at the bottom (lower link arm?) or are they much bigger - i can't remember.
Thanks for that but I've tracked them down, see my earlier post :wink:
oops. missed that one.