Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Ashes To Ashes"
Good evening chaps and chapettes,

I'm assuming everyone has just seen the return of "Ashes To Ashes".

I must say that I was extremely disappointed with the last series but this one already seems like a huge improvement and is certainly a lot more slick. I now find myself craving an Audi Quattro Coupe.

The one thing I did notice though is that the Talbot Alpine that Chris Skelton and Ray Carling were hiding behind had a larger rust spot bubbling through than would've been present on a car that would've been no more than 2 years old at the time. It's a pity I don't have the contacts to inform those that matter of my 1981 Talbot Solara as they are clearly struggling to find cars from that era in the right sort of condition.

According to a bloke from the Talbot Owners Club at the NEC last November it would appear it is the only blue Solara in the country, which overall makes it only 1 of an estimated 11 cars. Now that's exclusivity.

I hear they're making a third series of "Ashes To Ashes" so perhaps if they fancy a one-owner Solara eh.

Ciao for now.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
yep, I just watched that Mike - agreed about the rust on the bootlid - I'm waiting for Rich
Hanlon to start crying tho, as next week they trash an Austin Princess/BL Wedge Sad

There's a blue Talbot Alpine (5dr hatch version of your car) near Heanor, in daily use. Cant
remember the reg year off hand, but its not mint by any stretch of the imagination - but fair
play to the owner for keeping it going all this time.

This series definately seems 'darker' then the first one, I did laugh at a few gags, but theres
not as many laughs as series 1. I did read in Radio Times that they are working on a 3rd series
too Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:as next week they trash an Austin Princess/BL Wedge Sad

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

leave the Princess alone, I'll just pretend its a cardboard mock up

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
i ejoyed it especially the sample of the lunatics have taken over the asylum by the fun boy 3 sad ain't it TT Big Grin
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
mikesumner Wrote:I now find myself craving an Audi Quattro Coupe.

The Same happenend to me after the first season of Ashes To Ashes, so I went and feed that craving Mr Green

[Image: 2508572862_72b23f3085.jpg]

Dan
Yeah, I read somewhere that they're going to do a third series of the show too. Seen as my Solara is running well now and I'm currently in the process of trying to get it MOT'd and back into regular use, I was hoping that someone out there might know who I should be contacting to see if it could feature in the background somewhere in the next series.

It would certainly look more believable as a car that's been on the road for a couple of years than that rusty Alpine did in last nights show.

To my knowledge there are a few more Alpines still on the road than Solaras as they were a more popular car, and I think I might even have seen the one in Heanor when I've been driving around that area.

I was driving the Solara up and down the drive on Sunday to keep it running and I must say that I'm glad steering wheels became smaller in diameter because that thing is like something from a bus (the gearbox carries on that likeness too).
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
If you drop me your email Mike, I can let you have the detail of the company who sorts the cars out for the programme

Regards

Mike
Daniel Shane Wrote:

The Same happenend to me after the first season of Ashes To Ashes, so I went and feed that craving Mr Green

[Image: 2508572862_72b23f3085.jpg]

Dan

You are bringing it to EuroTec arent you buddy Smile
Daniel Shane Wrote:

Dan

Is that the Ur quattro you've got? My sister had one of those for a couple of years - it was awesome Big Grin
VIN 7176
DOC 643
dribble!!! that Audi is absolutely GAWJUS!!!! Big Grin

Mike, great to hear that your making good progress with the ole Solara, havent seen
one on the road for years, so glad to see that you are restoring this one and giving it
some TLC Big Grin
Just stumbled across this post - Yep, gorgeous Princess wasted. Buggers!!

Just Ebayed my Maxi, it will be a wrench when she goes in a couple of days...

Still have the Allegro though...

And my eye is on something that will make the D look commonplace...
Watch this space...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
oh yes Mr Hanlon, what piece of British Leyland's finest have you got your beadies on now? :wink:
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Just stumbled across this post - Yep, gorgeous Princess wasted. Buggers!!

Hi Rich,

I'm working on a movie with the guy who provided the cars for the latest series of Ashes to Ashes.

The princess came straight off ebay! He bought the best one available at the time purely to trash it Shock

Kind regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Just stumbled across this post - Yep, gorgeous Princess wasted. Buggers!!

Hi Rich,

I'm working on a movie with the guy who provided the cars for the latest series of Ashes to Ashes.

The princess came straight off ebay! He bought the best one available at the time purely to trash it Shock

Kind regards
D

your joking!!!!! Shock Shock Shock Shock

I bet the previous owner is right p'd off about that, especially if he'd spent lots of time and
money restoring it. :evil:
Just watched tonight, and a actor from Northern Ireland was on it called Adrian Dunbar. He was the Narrator for DELOREAN, CAR CRASH. He much have been watching the first series, :wink:
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.