Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door mirror mechanism
Are the door mirror motor mechanisms available or do you have to buy a complete mirror?

Yet another thing has broken, I'm really starting to feel like Tony now... 'I hate it'
VIN: 6511
Dan dont panic mate all will be sorted, all part and parcel of de ownership and dont forget everything is 27 years old :| ask chris at pj's im sure he can help you out. I have nearly finished my car (sprucing it up) im a bit gutted im minus a turbo but it goes so i should be happy really Cry I will pop over in the next 2-3 weeks and have a look at what your up to mate cheers tt
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi Dan

Is the mech def gone?, Ed might have a couple from that ME car he parted out a while back.

Al
You sure it's not the switch Dan? They have a habit of falling apart at the back!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Not long after I bought my car, the drivers mirror lost its side to side action. I bought a new switch, and it made no difference.

Then a few weeks later it started working again, and it has ever since!

Totally pointless post, but thought i'd mention it..........

Ben
well funny you should say that mine is the same only on the passenger side, if you want a matching pair of dodgy ones let me know :wink: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Panic over. I rebuilt my dodgy one: Amazing the difference when you come back to a job another day. The whole mirror nearly ended up in the bin the other day :wink:

[Image: motor.jpg]
My passenger side mirror goes left and right but not up and down and the drivers side doesn't move at all. Something tells me I'll need to do what you've done Dan... Was it a faff getting the mirror off the car? And do you have to stick it back on again with some special glue?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
It sounds like your switch is dodgy in that case. Test that first before butchering the mirrors themselves.
I'm certainly hoping it's just the switch - will make life a lot easier!
VIN 7176
DOC 643