Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean handling
Do they put new rubber boots on and paint the rack for that price too?
VIN: 6511
SOC send there racks to be refurbished, Like Al said they dont remove them from the car for you.

Once you have had the Rack, Steering Bush, Track Rod Ends, Steering Universal Joints and maybe the Anti-Roll bar bushings done the car will handle very well. It's still a Rear Wheel drive, Arse heavy car that will take some learning to drive quickly but once mastered you will be suprised how many modern cars you can drive around Mr Green

The floaty front will be down to the Rack and the joints, but also check to make sure that the Spax are set right. Too hard and the car will bounce from bump to bump. Too soft and the car will feel like your driving through jelly in that you turn and the body rolls but takes a few moments for the direction to change.

Maybe worth getting the Geo checked and set if your taking the rack out.

Dan
Thanks Dan - yes I think there must be some improvement that can be made as I wouldn't have said I could drive around any modern cars at the moment! Even knackered Puntos would go past me on the motorway and I'd think "wouldn't fancy going that fast" Big Grin By the way, what's the Geo?

I got back in the Mini last night after dropping the D off at Gradys and I felt like I'd been zapped forwards in time. The brakes work! It's silent! Steering wheel moves front wheels! It goes f**ing fast!

Still, can't wait to get the D back again already... Mr Green
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Geo is short term for "geometry"......

As well as just front toe, rear wheel toe wrt the imaginary centre-line as well as front , camber, caster, steering axis inclination and many other angles are measured and tested.

Have a look at:

http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk

NickT.

NickT Wrote:....................

Once done and settled, get the car to alignment place for a "geometry". This is more involved than a quick 'tracking' of the front wheels. The rear wheels on a delorean are adjustable via shims at the trailing arm bolts (TABS). These need to be adjusted so the rear wheels are equal in toe and cambel wrt the imaginary centre-line of the car. Once this is done should the front be adjusted. NOTE The cambers are non adjustable.
Also, if you take the car to a "krap-fit" type of place then they won't touch the rears but will do a "thrust angle front to rear" alignment (incorrect method anyway) and will probably set the toe to 0deg ie parallel. This is wrong, all tyres shuold be 3mm toe in per wheel. ...................

Nick.
Cheers Nick, I was being a div. Big Grin
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Any pics of your car after the PJGrady treatment?
VIN: 6511
Dan1986 Wrote:Any pics of your car after the PJGrady treatment?

Oh yes Mr Green

I just need to find the time to downsize them, upload them and do a proper writeup :lol:
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Dan1986 Wrote:Do they put new rubber boots on and paint the rack for that price too?

I'm sure they'll wear what ever you want them to for an extra fiver while painting your rack :wink:
VIN 4532

DOC-574