Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main sump seal
Hey folks

I've not got my D on hand to have a look so could anyone tell me if its possible to replace the main oil sump seal gasket from standing or does the engine need to to be jacked up to access any bolts?

Cheers,
the motor needs to be pulled towards the back of the car by a couple of inches (maybe only one inch) or so to access the bolts on the transmission side of the motor.

:wink:
Are you sure its the sump gasket thats leaking matey... apparently they dont fail very often ....
It seems like it could be a combination of that and the main seal between the gearbox which to be honest is alot more hasstle to get to than I though it would be. I think im just gonna have to get them done over a few days this summer. Its not life or death though, just something I'd like to get sorted. Caught abit of the Darren Collins bug after visiting him several times :p Be a while before I can compete for such perfection though haha

Cheers folks,
is it that you've got a damp oily patch on your garage floor?

it couldn't just be your oil plug? i neglected to replace the crushable washer when i did the oil and it's weeped ever since. :oops:

Dave.
Check the oil pressure switch as well they have a habit of leaking from the o-ring TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor