Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New S/S Exhaust - Road Test on Automatic DMC
Just completed my 1st bit of basic video editing and have posted the result on YouTube.

This is VIN# 5462 with the new Stainless Steel sports exhaust.

I tried to capture the sound and give it a little bit of welly, but my TAB's are due for replacemnet so I didn't want to give it too much!

Reasonably high res so full screen looks pretty good.Hope you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3rTlaQ3hXY

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Absolute work of art mate!

Might have to get my exhaust fitted sooner rather than later......that sound is a bit addictive!
Sounds a hell of a lot better than Eurotech last year James !

Nice one Big Grin

NickT
Nice video there, can't wait to get mine fired up again Big Grin

I noticed your wipers are a bit noisy though, is that the mechanism of just squeaky blades?
VIN: 6511
I have the same squeaky blades (even with new ones). I read on the DML that when the whole wiper arm is attached to the spindle that you mustn't push it on too deep otherwise the pressure is too great on the blade causing the squeak on anything other that a soaked windscreen. Rain X or similar products help. Mine never used to do it until I changed the wiper arms with new ones. Must make a moment to re-fit them a little looser Smile

Great video James, that rear UK bezel you had machined looks the nuts!
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Chris Hawes Wrote:I have the same squeaky blades (even with new ones). I read on the DML that when the whole wiper arm is attached to the spindle that you mustn't push it on too deep otherwise the pressure is too great on the blade causing the squeak on anything other that a soaked windscreen. Rain X or similar products help. Mine never used to do it until I changed the wiper arms with new ones. Must make a moment to re-fit them a little looser Smile

Great video James, that rear UK bezel you had machined looks the nuts!

Thanks Chris,

As for the wiper blades, I've heard very good reports about using the Bosch flat blades on the DeLorean
[Image: 0,0,81,18778,550,550,770cc127.jpg]

Mine are just old and hard and jump accross the screen unless they're completley drenched in rain

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Great video! Sounds awesome! I thought that noise was your brakes constantly locking up or something... or did they when that stupid Golf stopped in front of you? I've never been a fan of autos but yeah yours sounds pretty sweet!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Jonny Jones Wrote:Great video! Sounds awesome! I thought that noise was your brakes constantly
locking up or something... or did they when that stupid Golf stopped in front of you? I've never been a
fan of autos but yeah yours sounds pretty sweet!

Yeah the noise was the windscreem wipers jumping acrross the screen, I'll re-do the video when the
weather is better.

As for the Auto, I've driven manuals and auto's over the year and I find they both have their benifits,
I think the auto just edges it for me as I'm not that fussed about charging through the gears in a
manual, I just like crusing along.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
I can relate to that James ... the engine note change on the exhaust is very cool on an auto... Nice work there ...
Putting wiper arms on loose???????? Shock

The shaft is a taper spline, if you dont tighten up the securing nut fully you'll strip the spline in the arm (Cheap alloy) then the wipers won't work at all. Cry

Sounds like a load of chutney to me.

You'd be better:

1. Cleaning the screen really well with a stanley blade to remove tar and sap, then a good glass cleaner.
2. Putting on new blades
3. Then new arms with new springs and not forgetting to tighten them up fully :wink:

regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574