Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running problem when restarted from hot
Hi Mike,

Glad you found Gradys ok in the end. Its an interesting place to look round isn't it. What did Chris think was the problem?
VIN: 6511
Well he definietly think its a fuel problem and he has show me a couple of other adjustments i need to make at the same time as adjusting the mixture and he has given me a part which i cant remember for the life of me what its called which he tested on mine which wasnt working.
Chris is an abolutly top bloke really nice guy ! (thanks chris!) and thank you dan for helping me find it !
i think ive just gota go through the whole system really just check everything DOH ! :? :wink:

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
I'll pop over and lend a hand when my cars finished mate.
Your right Mike, Chris is an absolutely sound guy.. did you ever lift a plug out and have a look at it?

I forgot to say at the filming couple of weeks back, the bus driver was from Romford and said he saw at a kids party with your car?

Cheers

Al
Hi guys

thanks dan that would be great !
yea that was me Alistair, one of the lads from work had hired a routemaster for his sons birthday to go around london in and he is obsessed with my car and he asked me to pop over, couldnt resist showing it off ! :lol:

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
mec Wrote:Well he definietly think its a fuel problem and he has show me a couple of other adjustments i need to make at the same time as adjusting the mixture and he has given me a part which i cant remember for the life of me what its called which he tested on mine which wasnt working.
Chris is an abolutly top bloke really nice guy ! (thanks chris!) and thank you dan for helping me find it !
i think ive just gota go through the whole system really just check everything DOH ! :? :wink:

mike

With your CO at 11% I would say you have a problem with the frequency valve and/ or fuel computer tht is driving it (assuming you did the test I mentioned earlier)

NickT
Hi Nick

funny you should say that because chris at gradys has given me a new frequency valve to try as we tested it when i poped down there and it was completly dead ! now you have come up with that theory to i think it could be strong possibility !
thanks alot mate im hopefully gona fit that over the weekend so we will see :lol: :wink:

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
mec Wrote:right guys heres the deal
i took a ride down to chris @ gradys
Top Bloke ! I had a nice long chat with him and had a good snif around
:lol: :wink:

mike

Oooh er missus ! Watch out Chris !!!!!!

NickT
If you think your fuel computer is dodgy, I have one you can test on your car mike.

Dan
easy i didnt mean snif around chris !!! :lol: lol

and thanks Dan i may take you up on that ! i will see if this frequency thing makes any difference and see if i can tune it up i will let you know thanks alot matey !

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
just a quick question when i do tune the car up what should i be testing for C0 or C02 ? i think its C02 but im not sure

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
I think it is 2.5 or 3 isn't it?
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
na not the % i mean is it C0 (carbon monoxide) or C02 (carbon dioxide) :wink:

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
Now correct me if im wrong but if i am running all volvo fueling do i need my fuel computer if not its up for grabs and the frequency valve as well TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Your like me Tony, the computer isn't needed.

Mike you measure CO. I think it should be 1.5% Although you have a Cat still on don't you? It might be less then... Best ask NickT :wink: