Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castle Combe
Andy Snell has been in touch. For those of you don't know Andy is a Graphic Designer and was responsible for the Explodaview poster of the car that he restored http://www.delorean.eu/images/DSC03110.JPG and was eventually sold to James Bourne of the music band Busted. Andy has missed DeLorean ownership so his 1929 Morris Cowley 2 seater is up for sale and when sold a new DeLorean is on the cards.

Andy says that I can post this on the forum:-
In fact if the club wants a good destination for a weekend then my place would suit. I've got a great field for camping with good secure parking for 20 plus Deloreans! I'm sure the Castle Combe race circuit would be happy to let everyone take their cars on the circuit as well.

It would be different so start posting if you're interested...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
sounds intrestingSmile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Not everyone may be up for it but I'd love to put mine round Castle Combe. Camping thing sounds good too!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
I'm up for this, not too far to travel. :wink:
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I would be interested...but wouldnt bother taking the DeLorean round..it would take too long... so I would come in the T5.
I'd like to have a go on a track, but not in the delorean. I will have to borrow Gez's Mini again :wink:
VIN: 6511
Dan1986 Wrote:I'd like to have a go on a track, but not in the delorean. I will have to borrow Gez's Mini again :wink:

haha - well if for some reason I did come in it, and they'd let us on - then no problem Big Grin

I'd like to learn a bit more about the D's handling on the limit - I don't really fancy doing that on the road so that's why I'd be up for a bit of trackery in it. I learnt a lot about the Mini razzing it round Bruntingthorpe just after I got it!
VIN 7176
DOC 643
jerzybondov Wrote:the D's handling on the limit

Handling, and delorean in the same sentence :lol:

Being serious though, the brakes WILL overheat and fade on a track.
VIN: 6511
Chris

Surely your car would be close to the 100db limit?

A
Chris,

Al's right. Castle Combe is normally a MAX of 100 db. Some events have lower limits !!!

You might wanna check as im sure you said yours was 126 db.

Dan
Hi Chris,

I think it sounds like great fun! Just need to re-assemble my D a little bit first :wink:

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Thanks for the comments about the noise level. You're right Dan, I have had readings of at least 126db Big Grin

I took my car around Bruntingthorpe and I guess they were more relaxed about it there as they too are supposed to have certain noise limits in place. I can always enquire....

Perhaps I could have some silencers fabricated for the tailpipes.... Smile

The points I was trying to make were:-
- It would be a unique gathering, the club has never been to Castle Combe
- It is a lovely part of the world
- Fantastic weekend for EVERYONE. Those that don't wish to take their cars on the track can enjoy watching those who do.
- A great excuse to meet up
- Something different opposed to just parking up in a field (although they'll be room for that too) Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Damm it why is everything so far away from me ! Smile

This looks like a nice place Chris, hope something can be sorted out with Andy to make this go ahead ...
sounds good - just need to know when Andy is thinking of doing this so that I can check the
diary and make sure we're free Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hi

can some one let me know regards this event so i can look into it a bit also put it in the mag i will put it on the event page for know until i here more