Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Down!
Hi All,

We are very sorry about the loss of the forum for today.

Our old hosting company Lycos, Thats the people who hold and serve our website and forum, decided a few months ago to close and offered us a "EASY" move to a new hosting company. All of this was signed for and agreed by Chris but it looks like today they decided to just pull the plug without any warning and without moving our data across to the new company.

As such they have lost ALL of out data for the last month. I keep monthly backup's of the site so i have spent tonight moving our last back up from the 15 of Jan onto a new server that has all of it's instructions completely in German !

Anyway Im going to see if either myself or Paul have a newer backup and if so restore that one.

Again sorry for the loss of service but we had no deadline nor warning !

Dan
Wow, top work that man Big Grin
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
I had a PM come through then logged in to check it and its all gone! Who sent it?? :lol:
VIN: 6511
No worries Dan (Shane!). These things happen, and are very annoying when they do. Happened to my company's website twice!

And anybody notice the irony of the 'new posts' page? It's like we've gone back in time Mr Green
VIN 7176
DOC 643
HI Everyone,
Just to repeat what Dan wrote above really. It was unfortunate that our hosting provider had decided to close that side of there business, and give us an extra headache (well Dan and Paul really) of moving providers. Everything was set up (fortunatly) but Lycos decided, without giving any warning that they would close there servers down overnight. Whilst we were aware it was going to happen it would of been nice to have had some warning! Apologies for any lost postings on the forum and thanks to Dan & Paul for giving up there free time to get things going again.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
top work by Dan Shane (and everyone else involved) - shame that these things happen,
but when we are at the mercy of 'third parties'..... :roll:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Well done Dan and Paul for recovering everything so quick. Much appreciated Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Nice work in retrieving the data from the hosting Big Grin

NickT
my wife and i thought we had been hacked by the ferarri owners club uk or some one.
great job chaps
Tyson