Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
October 2008 Caley Hall Meet - VIDEO!
Haha legend! If i've got the funds mate I'll definitely be coming up! Got the crapheap roadtrip again this year so im saving for that but it will be mental to see the turbo engine in action! I bet you even had to import that DVD didn't you haha! :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
You using the volvo again on the roadtrip?
VIN: 6511
Dan1986 Wrote:You using the volvo again on the roadtrip?

I am mate! Just need to get some new bushing for some of the steering bits, then im gonna do a full service and then just get it all prepped for filming duties etc!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
It sounds like an awesome adventure Big Grin I just watched your video again mate. I'm really impressed with the way you edit these videos. What program do you use?
Chris Hawes Wrote:Hey Paul, well it isn't Windows based like yours :wink:

Scroll down here to see the specs:-
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1676&start=0

Cheers Chris, I dont know how the hell I missed that thread! Shock :wink:
Paul Birks - DOC5 - Worksop
Great little Video there Jonny.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
Saw this on Facebook, Great Vid!!! Big Grin Big Grin
Aaron May

DOC: 573
VIN: 16723 - the LPG delorean

1999 Corsa 1.2L GLS Auto

The Wii-Master!
Dan1986 Wrote:It sounds like an awesome adventure Big Grin I just watched your video again mate. I'm really impressed with the way you edit these videos. What program do you use?

Hi mate, I use Final Cut Pro on my Mac, love it to bits!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
I use a mac too. I downloaded final cut pro a while ago and couldn't get on with it, so many options and bits to fiddle with!
Ive got a mac.
I find mine extremely useful.
[Image: macmini-toilet-paper-dispenser.jpg]
Thought I'd add my 2p in here - good work with the minicams Jonny! Will you be coming to Caley Hall in March or June?

Dan, FCP really isn't too bad once you've got to grips with the basic keys (A, B and N basically). The biggest faff when you're starting out is getting your head round how it deals with the media - that's a different thread though :-D
VIN 7176
DOC 643
jerzybondov Wrote:Thought I'd add my 2p in here - good work with the minicams Jonny! Will you be coming to Caley Hall in March or June?

Dan, FCP really isn't too bad once you've got to grips with the basic keys (A, B and N basically). The biggest faff when you're starting out is getting your head round how it deals with the media - that's a different thread though :-D

It's better than Avid Media Composer, dont even start me on how badly that handles media !!!

FCP is not to hard to learn.

Paul, Mac Minis are great little machines. Im going to base a car install around one in the summer. It's all self contained, Mine will have a Soild State HD and it runs Unix too, all with that lovley warm fuzzy Macintosh feeling Mr Green

Dan

P.S. Here is a picture of my new PC running Vista Big Grin
[Image: wang144t.jpg]

Only Joking, It works to fast and to well to be running Vista :wink:
Dan1986 Wrote:I use a mac too. I downloaded final cut pro a while ago and couldn't get on with it, so many options and bits to fiddle with!

Dan,

Try Either Final Cut Express or the New IMovie09 that comes with iLife 09, its excellent. Simple and quick with advanced things like motion stabilizing built in.

Dan
Quote:It's better than Avid Media Composer, dont even start me on how badly that handles media !!!

FCP is not to hard to learn.

Paul, Mac Minis are great little machines. Im going to base a car install around one in the summer. It's all self contained, Mine will have a Soild State HD and it runs Unix too, all with that lovley warm fuzzy Macintosh feeling

Dan

P.S. Here is a picture of my new PC running Vista

LoL only kidding Dan. They are great machines really.
I love playing Pong on my Macbook. The graphics are awesome.
[Image: apple-pc-laptop.jpg]

Sorry guys.....back on topic. lol
jerzybondov Wrote:Thought I'd add my 2p in here - good work with the minicams Jonny! Will you be coming to Caley Hall in March or June?

Thanks dude, if you can excuse the slightly poor cable routing on a few of the shots haha - had to set them up in like 5mins. Hopefully will be coming in March if funds allow! MIGHT have my new Sony Z5 by then so I'll bring it along if I have it get some nice footage!

I found Final Cut Pro to be way easier than anything made for Windows. Basically once you've logged footage its a case of double clicking clips, trimming the in and out points, putting them on the timeline, dragging and dropping any correcting filters you want/transitions, and double clicking on them on the timeline once more to alter settings.
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530