Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EVESHAM SHOW JUNE 2009
Update from the organisers:

"Hi Folks,

I've just had a meeting with the council and it now turns out that they would like the vehicles to show on both the Saturday and Sunday. This is really great news as there is now chance for people to join the show for Sunday which will be a day of good entertainment. The meadow will be available from after lunch on Friday 5th June for those wishing to camp. The show officially opens 11:00 on Saturday 6th June and will run until 23:00. Vehicles need to be on site between 9:30 and 10:00 so as to give owners time to give the vehicles a little extra polish. Vehicles not staying for the night glow can leave from 16:30. On Sunday the fun begins at 11:00 so again vehicles need to be in position by 9:30 - 10:00 and the event ends at 16:00. It would be very much appreciated if all vehicles can be present until 16:00.

On Saturday there will be emergency service displays, hot air balloons, the famous night glow and fireworks

On Sunday there will be a fun run, racing ferrets, llamas, raptor displays, and a puppet theatre.

On both days there will be refreshments, a craft fayre and funfair.

It really does look like being a fun filled weekend.

Hope to see you all there. Please pass on the latest information to all interested parties. Please will you confirm numbers of attendees before 23rd May as I need to measure up the site.

Regards,
David."

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
That's a no-brainer for me then.

Can you get me booked in for that one please Claire?
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
yep, will do Dickster Smile

So, thats:

Ben & Kelly with 'Blimey'
Phill with 'Sorbet'
Me and 'Flopsy'
RichH and 'AXI'
Bushtucker Dan and 'Eleanor'

I'm sure there was someone else, but the posts may have been lost when the server went down.

Ben, I think we're planning on going Friday afternoon, so will be camping both nights (and its free!! result!!), so we'll see you then all being well.

Finger's crossed for good weather! Big Grin
It cant be another crap year for weather again..........
lets hope your right Alistair!!!

I hardly used my car last year, couldnt see the point in cleaning it and taking it out, for
it to get rained on and sh1tt1ed up again - especially after all the hard work Chris and Darren
put into making it look so good too!! :wink:
Looking forward to it already!

And yes, I'm planning to go down on the Friday, get there about 2.

Smile

Ben
Me, Phill and Rich should be there mid-late afternoon - will probably leave here by 2pm, so should be at Evesham no later then 4pm-ish depending on traffic.

Its a nice run for us, pretty much Motorways all the way, and not a tractor in sight! lol

I gave Rich a fright earlier Shock - I told him its only 8wks till Evesham, so he's gotta pull
his finger out and get his car sorted!! lol :lol:
Oh, that gives me 8 weeks to get a new "O" for my rear bumper, and work out why my bloody brakes are pulling to one side :evil:

I bet that cowboy mechanic never bled the brake line after rotating that flexi brake hose last year- knob.

Either that or my anti-roll bar bolts have worked loose again - last time a bloody bolt dropped out.

Can't wait!

Ben
lol, well hope you get it sorted mate Smile

We might be later then 4pm, it just depends what time Phill finishes work that day,
but I've booked the day off work (and I think Rich is too), so we can get the cars
loaded up ready to set off as soon as Phill gets home.

I'm really looking forward to this event!!! Big Grin
Hi all. I will be there on Saturday morning and try and stay the night too If Mrs Dan lets me.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Oh, that gives me 8 weeks to get a new "O" for my rear bumper, and work out why my bloody brakes are pulling to one side :evil:

I bet that cowboy mechanic never bled the brake line after rotating that flexi brake hose last year- knob.

Either that or my anti-roll bar bolts have worked loose again - last time a bloody bolt dropped out.

Can't wait!

Ben

Could simply be a sticky piston in one of the calipers, a fairly simple, if a little messsy, job to do.

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
I wonder if if might be 'just as easy' to change the calipers? Shouldn't be expensive, I think
they are only Ford Capri ones IIRC?

New calipers for my Cav were less then £40 each, so doubt Ford ones would be much different
in price.

Ben - buy some and bring em with you mate - Rich always loves an excuse to get his paws
mucky working on a car :wink: and it'll give the Evesham crowds summat to look at :lol:

In all seriousness tho, I hope you get your brakes sorted ok, as they are a pretty vital bit
of equipment!!

Seeya in a few weeks Big Grin
Dan Howarth Wrote:Hi all. I will be there on Saturday morning and try and stay the night too If Mrs Dan lets me.

great stuff Bushtucker, we're relying on you for the Saturday evening cook up! :lol:

Mrs Dan can come out to play too if she wants....... bit of ging gang gooley gooley round
the camp fire lol
Claire Usher Wrote:I wonder if if might be 'just as easy' to change the calipers? Shouldn't be expensive, I think
they are only Ford Capri ones IIRC?

All the calipers on FLE, ok ok BLM2Y Smile are new with stainless pistons etc, well new just before the last Eurofest.....want to see the pics Big Grin
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
I would say twisted or collapsed brake hose.

NickT