Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGS 803X Restoration
Dan1986 Wrote:Alloys are all clean too. Are these clean enough for you Darren? :wink:

[Image: 25.jpg]

Sorry Dan...Scuff at 3 o'clock. :roll:

You gotta try harder than that to impress the OCD king Shock

(OCD = Obsessively Clean Delorean) :lol:

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
i cant see any of the pics anymore whats happened to them ?

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
My ISP has pulled my webspace off. I will get it sorted soon. :evil:
VIN: 6511
Darren C Wrote:
Dan1986 Wrote:Alloys are all clean too. Are these clean enough for you Darren? :wink:

[Image: 25.jpg]

Sorry Dan...Scuff at 3 o'clock. :roll:

You gotta try harder than that to impress the OCD king Shock

(OCD = Obsessively Clean Delorean) :lol:

Regards
D

Actually, it looks like a rubber mark where the tyre was re-fitted after refurbishment.

A bit of cellulose thinners will remove that, whatever it is! (If it's 2-pac'ed laquer of course)
Actually it was a bit of dirt and has been wiped off now :wink:
Dan, how's DGS getting along? Is that a recent pic of the body back on the frame, or an old one?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Hi there.
With all the talk of eurotec coming up I decided I'd better get off my arse and do some more work on the delorean. The weather was nice today so I did this:

[Image: 26.jpg]
[Image: 27.jpg]
[Image: 28.jpg]
[Image: 29.jpg]
[Image: 30.jpg]
[Image: 31.jpg]
[Image: 32.jpg]
Awesome! How do you work the body up on the bricks like that? Can you lift it enough to slide another brick in underneath and work your way round?

And how do you lower the body back on again gently?

Final question - have you plugged all the various pipes/cables&wires back in, and does it all work?! Big Grin
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Fantastic work there Dan, Brilliant !

NickT
No its not all plumbed back in yet.

You lift the body with a trolley jack, lift one side, pop 2 bricks in, then lift the other side and so on. The same in reverse to lower it back down.
do you not find it a ball ache finding the centre of the car? i mean weight wise when you're jacking it up. mine was a little tippy! Big Grin
No I do one side at a time, so while one side is being jacked the other side still has a brick in each corner. Then swap sides so it goes up like a see-saw.
Hey Dan Cool pics buddy !

Great to see it coming back together and you still have 6 weeks left ! Smile
Dan1986 Wrote:No I do one side at a time, so while one side is being jacked the other side still has a brick in each corner. Then swap sides so it goes up like a see-saw.

yeah, i probably didn't get the balance correct. i jacked up one side, but one corner of the opposite side sarted to raise Shock
That looks awsome mate ! Nice work !

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639