Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGS 803X Restoration
Dan, dont get me wrong, Eds way is far less riskier and all round better but it is more money.
Plus with Ed you dont have to attack the frame yourself beforehand and check for rust/damage yourself!!!
i would rather pay the extra money and get it done right thr first time as me and dan have seen eds work before on the frames as we was there for the opening event and the frames that he had done was great and on show the before the frame was done and the after effect Tongue

plus we like going over there for the entertainment is geat and the ride is worth it
Glen I agree!, but sometimes things come down to money if your prepared to risk it...and it is risky.

You should get Ed to do yours when you get one.

Al
hi matey

yea ed will be getting my new car any way as i,m slowly giving up with my offer to get my RHD Cry
Out of interest Al, roughly how much does it cost to galvanize and powdercoat in the UK? If you don't mind me asking.

Glen, have you thought about buying the car that your driving over from Ireland?
VIN: 6511
danny boy

you reading my mind i allready know about this car as i had it of the owner this year to help me out as i had to many shows to cover so we will se what happend and what ed says about it
danny boy

you spoke to ed yet matey
Hi Dan

Including trailing arms, fuel tank flap, some brackets and control arms etc, and collection and delivery back.

Just under 1400.00 inc vat

Cheers

Al
Who's car is that then Glen?

Al
With the exchange rate the way it is now, my chassis cost 1350, so pretty much the same cost really. Obviously I have to take 2 days out to drive to Ed's and back twice :wink:

The car Glen borrowed for the show was Mathew Nickles car. I think with a few bits and pieces done it will be a very nice car, but I don't know what the chassis is like.

Glen, I am still waiting for Ed to get back to me. But with christmas I doubt I will hear for a few days :wink:
danny boy

i booket my flights ferry and all the rest i told ed that if your coming then to book the place were we usally stop you know on the main road were you pulled out and killed me when we was on the cruse at eds the last time :lol: by mc doooodels :lol:
Oh you mean where I went through a yellow light so as not to loose the convoy and you went mental. But you doing an emergency brake test on the M6 in your mondeo is perfectly ok :roll: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FUNNY
There's no way I could afford £1350 to get my frame redone, so I'll be getting mine done
at the place in Nottingham that did Julian's frame. I'll get my wheels redone by them at the
same time as the paint is spidering on mine plus one got badly kerbed when I had to avoid a
bus in London cos the driver was too busy looking down staring at the car :evil:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
I was also looking at getting mine done in Nottingham, but I wanted mine galvanized and thats where it starts costing more money. If you don't want it galvanized then it makes sense to do it like Julian did. Also the wheels on DGS are perfect so I don't need to touch them, so I don't mind spending on the frame as I won't ever have to do it again.