Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
shock turning
Afternoon all.

Well just getting the De ready for a trip into london tonight and I thought I'd soften up the suspension a tad for a nice cruise. (I have the adjustables from Delorean Motors Cars - Dan and Martin)
So I went under the car and took a click out of all the shocks, except the front passenger side one...... for some reason the clicky dial seems to be facing out towards the wheel and so I can't get any purchase on it unlike all the others which face in.

Now, I can't remember it being like this when I first got them installed. I do remember trying to get the old front suspension clunk sorted out so maybe it got flipped around when they were sorting that out. (local garage I think but it was AGES ago)

So I'll get to my point. How easy is it to turn the shock through 180 degrees? Will I need spring compressors?

(can you tell its winter and I'm starting to think of jobs to do on the car Smile )
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
You could do it without compressing the spring, but personally I would rather be safe and compress the spring first.
Undo the top nut, remove the bolt thru the lower control arm, spin the shock round and put the bolt back and torque it up.

Hope that helps Mr Green
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
I agree with Chris, it can be done but is safer with a compressor.
If you do try it without a compressor you MUST do it with the weight of the car on the wheel, don't jack up the car, or the spring may move out of location.

Kind regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574