Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing a new exhaust
Perhaps not mention that cost when ringing round eh Wink

Eds exhaust comes with all the 6 manifold gaskets and head stud bolts / nuts ... you will need to get these for the UK system
bozzzydmc Wrote:Perhaps not mention that cost when ringing round eh Wink

indeed, we'll say that price is for 2 sets lol

J
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Ok

Don emailed me back, we are going to talk tomorrow morning.

Our good friend Alistair McCann paid in 2004 around 650 IIRC, so now with a price of 950 I would expect for 5 orders or more to see a significant discount.

I'll see what he says, however with the current market climate we should be able to sort something, but as Richard pointed out he had trouble trying to broker a deal.

But if he will not budge enough, I would rather pay more elsewhere as I dont agree with some companies principles concerning bulk orders etc, assuming they have a monopoly etc....if enough discount can be gained them I am in.

A
Eds exhaust comes with all the 6 manifold gaskets and head stud bolts / nuts ... you will need to get these for the UK system[/quote]

Hello people, just out of curiosity, does it matter if the manifold gaskets are individual or one piece?

Cheers
Kelvin
Kelvin Tan
Spoke to Ed.

His system does offer around 24hp more proved on the dyno at his Open House, the muffler is also different and better designed for performance.

If we were to get 5 we could get the price down to 1680 euro.

But Ed will know we are all driven by price at the moment, but also I know we do all try to source everything we can from Ed, and he is very very helpful.

Al
If anyone wants one from Ed's I can bring one back for you in December or January as I will be going over to holland.
VIN: 6511
A Van Wrote:Spoke to Ed.

His system does offer around 24hp more proved on the dyno at his Open House, the muffler is also different and better designed for performance.

If we were to get 5 we could get the price down to 1680 euro.

But Ed will know we are all driven by price at the moment, but also I know we do all try to source everything we can from Ed, and he is very very helpful.

Al

Hi Al,

Do you know if that 24hp is over stock or de-catted? I would assume that de-catting will give you the best part of 15/20bhp so if the better manifold design on the stainless units give an additional 24 then that is amazing...
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Hi all

I like to clear up things, first the price has noting to do with Houston, as you know I still have my own parts.
And yes I do go up and down with the price from the stock delorean parts, the Euro Dollar is like a rubber ball.
If you make a exhaust system you like to have a good flow, and all the header pipes neat to have the same length.
Short ones give a little low end torque, the longer ones more HP.
And did you see a formula one exhaust it is all bends and this is absolute no restriction on the gas flow.
that is just the first part, the second one is even on the road more important. The muffler to get a good flow you will not stop the gas when it is on top speed, take the uk muffler and look inside. You see now the left and Right side come together in the middle, and all the gas has to stop 100% and puss down in one pipe. on the bottom it get a gain to the left and right side. A other problem is the noise you get, it sound cheap skinny metal. I did test the open and mid set up, a way to loud for the road in my opinion. A lot of the work is in the muffler, in side we do have no connection from the gas from the right and left bank. The gas stay on full speed, and if you use the right diameter it is almost stock if you drive it normal. Rev it up and thane the fun start, 1200 rpm more and 24 hp compare to a stock car with cat.
[Image: dsc00801ne7.th.jpg]
You see the start form building a muffler, over the inner pipe there come a other one and stainless wool around the pipes.
I have don a lot of testing with exhaust systems during my road race years.
It is always what you pay for you get, and for 750 pond????? now way. not in Europe.
You have to see for India or a other cheap country.
And I do believe we have a good setup, but you can alway make a better one.
No one is perfect, and special not in performance parts. A lot is a matter off taste.

Regards Ed Uding
http://www.delorean.eu

[Image: imagesvt8.jpg]
dmckelv12 Wrote:Eds exhaust comes with all the 6 manifold gaskets and head stud bolts / nuts ... you will need to get these for the UK system

Hello people, just out of curiosity, does it matter if the manifold gaskets are individual or one piece?

Cheers
Kelvin[/quote]

Either will work ... its easy enough to hang the gaskets on the studs with a dab of grease on the back
I know the UK exhaust has had improvements from the first ones like the silencer design and exhaust baffles / note at all speeds, hence the dropping of the quiet / medium / loud silencer to the only one they do now. Plus the manifold pipes whilst shorter than Eds still contain the correct displacement volume for each cylinder.

Its the old saying ... you pays your money and takes your choice... Smile

BTW If anyone would like to view / hear mine they are very welcome to see it. It certainly doesnt sound tinny and is hand made in the UK using British Stainless Steel....so im more than happy with it. Maybe we can find others who have one for their opinion? I believe Alistar M has one on Pilot 25 ?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xWwXoFYYy ... =1&index=7

Im all for supporting the vendors particulary Ed, I wish the price was a little closer to the UK one.
Ok the call has gone in with Don this morning.

I am getting a price on 3 systems, and 6 systems, also including the 2.5% VAT saving.

Obviously the current situation was discussed and the 'alternative' suppliers, he is going to ring me back later with prices.

Cheers

Al
Excellent Alistair,

I have called a few in the Essex area, Hayward and Scott who you may know of make excellent systems. They stated that it was the labour rate and the number tubes required brings it to £1000, which is about a days work.

However if you have the jigs ready - a mini production line - such as the UK one then they should be able to make it cheaper.
Richard Milliken
DOC 417
Vin #10163.

Kevin Milliken

[Image: Signa-1.jpg]
Ed Thanks for the detailed description of your exhaust system
I know you put alot of work into your parts and offer great service.

Unfortunatly I'm on a relativly small budget and will have to cut some
corners to keep my car on the road hense I'm looking a some cheaper
and of course less refined options.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
I was talking to Dan Willis at the NEC, and he has a contact who can make stainless
exhaust systems - he has costed up one for an Aston Martin, and the price is very good.

I've asked Dan to look into how much systems for the De would cost, and he said he would
try and find out for us.

Some of you know Dan anyway and will have contact details for him if you want to contact
him directly to discuss.

I'd love a stainless system on Flopsy, but I just cant afford one right now - however I'm
very happy with the '83 exhaust that I got off of Dan Shane Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi all,

There has been a lot of chat about the UK exhaust system and the most cost effective way of purchasing this fantastic
setup and whether we could negotiate a discount on a multi-system order.

Well with a few phone calls and a bit of hard nosed negotiation I have managed to get the following deals.

Usual system price £950.00 inc. VAT
Special 3 Unit price £837.00 inc. VAT - SAVING £113 per system!
Special 4 Unit price £747.50 inc. VAT - SAVING £200 per system!

There was an additional discount for 10+ systems which reduced each system by a further £28 but we
need solid commitment

I think 4 committed parties is a more realistic target, we only need 2 more!

NOTE
Price does not include gaskets and studs or postage and packaging, UK p&p charged at £25 or free collection from Nottingham

Committed to buy at £747.50

-James Russell-Grant
-Alistair Vanstone