Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing a new exhaust
Al,

As I said on the phone, count me in, i'll transfer the money as soon as you need it!

my budget was £750-£800 so with all the fittings etc... it should come in spot on!

Well done Al

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Count me in too. Excellent work.

I remember hearing they take a month to make - does this mean making 4 takes 4 months, or making 4 is as quick as making 1?
VIN 7176
DOC 643
Honesly Al ... you have done very well there! That is a smashing price for this! BTW Does that include the polishing ?

Like I said if i did it again I would just get the silencer done .

Personally I collected mine from Nottingham its only a minute from the junction off the M1

Mike

A Van Wrote:Hi all,

There has been a lot of chat about the UK exhaust system and the most cost effective way of purchasing this fantastic
setup and whether we could negotiate a discount on a multi-system order.

Well with a few phone calls and a bit of hard nosed negotiation I have managed to get the following deals.

Usual system price £950.00 inc. VAT
Special 3 Unit price £837.00 inc. VAT - SAVING £113 per system!
Special 4 Unit price £747.50 inc. VAT - SAVING £200 per system!

There was an additional discount for 10+ systems which reduced each system by a further £28 but we
need solid commitment

I think 4 committed parties is a more realistic target, we only need 2 more!

NOTE
Price does not include gaskets and studs or postage and packaging, UK p&p charged at £25 or free collection from Nottingham

Committed to buy at £747.50

-James Russell-Grant
-Alistair Vanstone
Hi Mike

Thanks, no it doesnt include the polishing, but i think for that parts that will be seen we could probably do that ourselves, with a bit of advice from Chris N?

If enough of us wanted the polishing bit done, then maybe I could have a word.

I am also looking into picking them up in my van save courier costs etc.

Cheers

Al
Think the whole lot was £60 so the back box cant be more than £25 ?
Good point, if I managed to get more than 4 maybe I could use it as bargaining!

Al
Heck for that price you must get more than 4 Wink

Like ive said if anyone wants to see one on my car they are more than welcome... plus I will put that low down torque rumour to bed too . auto box and all Wink
I wonder if they'd knock the VAT off for paying in cash :wink:

Hmmm I must say I am seriously tempted by one of these myself. Its just the cost of my chassis work I have coming up, another 750 will make quite a dent in my overdraft. Let me have a think though, it just seems to tempting an offer to turn down, when do I need to decide by?

Also if I have one I will want it made without a hole for a lambda sensor.
VIN: 6511
Dan1986 Wrote:I wonder if they'd knock the VAT off for paying in cash :wink:

Hmmm I must say I am seriously tempted by one of these myself. Its just the cost of my chassis work I have coming up, another 750 will make quite a dent in my overdraft. Let me have a think though, it just seems to tempting an offer to turn down, when do I need to decide by?

Also if I have one I will want it made without a hole for a lambda sensor.

No problem not putting a ox sensor hole in ...

It is a good price im very suprised and pleased Al has worked his charm and sorted this out for you guys ... its def worth taking up on imo...

If I may add, please check your fuel pressures for book spec and adjust the mixture after fitting ...mine prior to this was spot on ..after fitting the new exhaust the car ran very weak because of it being so free flowing ...until it was of course adjusted again.
Charm.....me?...lol

Dan it wont make any difference paying in cash, they wont want to confuse the issue anymore, the vat to them doesnt really make any difference, as they will offset vat in against vat they pay out.

It would be nice to sort of tell them asap and get the order in to get them made as soon as, we have three so far, and I dont think Richard has been on yet..I think he'll definitely have one.

Although now is the perfect time for you to fit one!
A Van Wrote:Although now is the perfect time for you to fit one!

Thats what makes it so tempting, I'll be in touch. Its just I know I'll never get it back on the value of the car but I supose it doesn't matter as I dont plan on selling it anyway. Hmmm decisions decisions.
VIN: 6511
I know what you mean Dan, but you'll go a bit quicker!
Yes quicker... but its the 'grunty' sound i like the most Wink and rest assured it isnt loud at all driving it around 'normally'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wAi79vAgu ... re=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O8s8VWQ_9iU
Guys this is a great deal!

If any of you have wanted to get a new exhaust then now is the time, you will never see a cheaper system built to such high specs.

I have been so impressed with my exhaust that I tell everyone who owns a Delorean to get one.

Here is a video of the exhaust that I took a year ago.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xWwXoFYYy6Y

Also, just look at the craftsmanship on the stainless!

[Image: P7310108.jpg?t=1227817731]

[Image: P7310110.jpg]
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
Dan1986 Wrote:
A Van Wrote:Although now is the perfect time for you to fit one!

Thats what makes it so tempting, I'll be in touch. Its just I know I'll never get it back on the value of the car but I supose it doesn't matter as I dont plan on selling it anyway. Hmmm decisions decisions.

Look at it this way Dan, with the engine out sorting any broken exhaust studs would be very easy compared to working from underneath !

I have my old OEM silencer chopped in 3 pieces as it was dented. The baffle was squashed so I now have Mikes old silencer on my car. Runs better. I will take some pics to show the internal baffles as a comparison.

Regarding tuning the engine, another big difference Mike and I found was to set the valve clearances to the lower end of the spec. The gaps on mine were too large, so was Mikes.

All engine fun Smile

NickT.