Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RACING IDLE SPEED ! CONTROL ECU ????
Hi all

bit of a problem, my car has started racing at about 2000 rpm on tickover, however if i tap the ecu box behind the drivers seat it drops back down, i think this is the problem, does anyone have a spare one i can buy ? or any other ideas just incase im wrong in my diagnosis

thanks all mike

P.S IVE GOT MY ORIGINAL WHEELS BACK ON WITH THE WHITE WRTING TYRES ON LOOKS THE NUTS !!! :lol:
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
Sounds to me like a dry solder joint on the pcb. Do the ecu boxes open up easily? If so you can re-solder it.

As for the wheels, thats great! Did you go for standard width on the front in the end? You need to post some pictures on the forum!
VIN: 6511
hi dan

no the ecu box is sealed so you cant get in it at all ! doh !
as for the wheels, i went for the 205s on the front and the standard 235s on the back, it actually makes the front wheel look more dished which looks great! how do you put pics on the forum i could work it out ! lol

thanks mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
You need to host the pictures on a website, something like photobucket, then you link to the pictures on the forum.

If you don't have a way of hosting pictures, then you can mail them to me and I can put them up for you. It would be good to see what the standard wheels look like with the body kit that the car has on. Big Grin

As for the ecu, if its sealed up then I supose you need to swap it out for another. Have you checked the connector is seated properly and free from dirt and corosion?
Hi dan

yea ive checked all the contacts, there all ok, ive out some pics of the car before and after under general interest forum let me know what you think

mike
NTH347X Mike C aka MEC
vin - #4395
DOC 639
pm me your email address and I will send you a word document on how to get into the ecu and which parts need replacing.

I would check for good connections on the multi plugs first and that you get a resistance between the BLACK/YELLOW and BLACK/GREY wires on the 4 pin multiplug. Also check for good earths/ power on the

Page 166 [manual] on:
http://www.deloreans.co.uk/technical/ma ... ystems.pdf

Also check the wiring connector on the idle speed control valve (can size near oil filler on engine)

RichH can repair these.
If it is bad I have a spare ecu you can use in the meantime but you woud have to pay for postage etc.

NickT
Hi Mike,

Take a look at:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1968

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
There is also a superb write up on this procedure (with pictures) in one of the back issue magazines that Nick did. I cant remember the issue number of the top of my head (I'm sure Nick will be able to) but they are in stock if this helps.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584