Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original Delorean Exhaust System
Hi all

I will be replacing the exhaust system on pilot25 in a week or so with the stainless system from Stainless-exhaust.com.

If anyone is after a 6410 mile exhaust then give me a shout.

It will be cheap cheap cheap and it comes with the cat bypass pipe aswell.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
Just out of interest, how much are they selling the stainless exhaust for now? Might get one before Easter if my wallet allows....
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
Ed Uding does one now that includes all the hardware (unlike the one from stainless-exhaust - just ask Birksie!).

I think its a similar sort of price, and he said he'll be bringing some to the Eurotec event in Norfolk in June.

If I've got the money spare, I think I might have to treat Flopsy Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks for the reply Claire Smile Found the post you are talking about now :oops:

Anyone got ideas whether the stainless-exhaust or Ed's exhaust will get better performance? As I see that Ed's exhaust, though similar to the stainless-exhaust using 3 to 1 manifolds, travels quite a bit further before meeting the big pipe that goes to the back box.

That tree of manifold on the alternator side of Ed's looks as if it's going to be very close to the alternator once installed.... Any heat issues?

Though, I think Ed's "manifold plate" (sorry, i don't know the exact word) is better as it's interlinked... so the location of them won't be affected by the heat and cooling, if you ever wants to remove the exhaust.

Hopefully Ed will be here to answers these Tongue Would be interested to get one really if no heat issues and if it gives a nice roar! (pimpy mind me....)

[Image: compare_exhaust.jpg][/img]
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
Hi John

The headers give no problem with the heat, I have one car running now 18000km with this set up.
And still perfect, And whe are to only one with a muffler like this.
Insite it is built for performace, and a nice sport sound. And not so loud as the other stailess system.
The muffler is built on a divernd way, the other systems have a muffler, wher the gas has to stop and press down to one pipe.
Whe have the left and the right side not conect, so 123 and 456 stay on ther own site. And can pass the muffler on hi speed, the inner pipes have a special diameter and leght for more torque.

Regards Ed Uding
www.deloreaneurope.com
See in the next week the new web site wite a lot new power part products.
www.delorean.eu

[Image: dsc00803md8.jpg]