Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed MOT today...
Well having had the car laid up since last summer, decided to put it through the MOT this morning and it has failed :-(.

1) Headlamp Switch Faulty

I notice the lights flicker on and off with a jiggle of the steering wheel? Have been under here recently changing the front speakers so something will have just been knocked i hope.

2) Offside Headlamp Aim Too Low

Easy enough adjustment.

3) Windscreen Washer Provides Insufficient Washer Liquid

Filled up last night and have just noticed it leaked onto garage floor. Do the holes in the casing need plugged? First time i have ever been pulled up on this. Didnt have a washer jet for a while lol.

4) Offside Front Lower Arm Has Excessive Play In A Ball Joint

A few years ago my car failed on the play in the steering rack, i had this overhauled and the alignment was never sorted from that time. The garage are going to remove it and reset it all. Can they tighten up this play in the ball joint, or do i replace?

5) Exhaust Emmission Excessive

Excessive indeed at 8.69% but it has not been run in over a year.

6) Nearside Rear Brake Disc Has Restricted Free Movement

Was said to be red hot. Should i replace the caliper?

Taking it back for a re-test on Wednesday and need these parts, can anyone give me cross refernce numbers so i can get garage to order from Dingbro? I am also going to get an oil change done at the same time. I have the oil and filter for this.

I have a leak of transmission fluid. Is there a cross reference number for a new filter for this casing? Or where do i order it please.
Paul

Vin No :- 6042
DOC:- 466
never mind, but after lay ups all these things happen. the worse thing you can do with these cars is not drive them good luck next week tt
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
ayup Paul - good to speak to you on the phone earlier.

Hope the info was of use, let me know if you need any more help.

Claire
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hi alll

this is the delorean gang calling from holland :lol: paul eds sorting out your part today and i will bring them back with me can you e mail me your address please then i can ship them tomorrow when i get back
It was good to speak to you yesterday too Claire, and the info was of great use. I called Glen who has kindly agreed to bring back the ball joint from Ed's.

Many thanks Glen Big Grin your a top bloke. Sending you an email.
Paul

paul

ed was to busy with customers plus his email was not working at his new office but when i got to the airport i loged onto the fourm with my laptop and rang back to dan and told ed the part so its worked out good really your parts are on the way if you get to read thid within the hiur ring dan on 07921157286 his boat leaves later then my flight and also after malc so if you need any other parts let him know before 5.00 pm really hope this is ok for you
Thanks again Glen :wink:
Paul

Great Teamwork there everyone!!! Big Grin
Balljoint on its way. Big Grin I caught the post collection and sent it 1st class, so if it doesn't get there tomorow then its royal mail being a wunch of bankers as usual. :lol:
VIN: 6511
DANNY BOY

YOU GOT HOME THEN TRIED RINGING YOU THIS MORINGING ?/
Hi Glen, you rang me I was still driving and I don't have a spanish licence like you, then my phone battery ran out by the time I got to work, it lasted all weekend though. :roll: Speak to you soon matey, it was a good weekend weren't it.
VIN: 6511
Hey Dan, got the ball joint just now. Many thanks to all again Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Dropped you a pm Dan.
Paul

Car passed its MOT today!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Many thanks again to Claire, Glen & Dan.
Paul

hi paul

great news

thats whats a team we are great news matey :lol:
Great news Paul, glad to have been able to help you out Big Grin