Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Go to ASDA Fast!!
Hi Guy's

Just got back off hols and picked up this thread. I had a problem a few years ago with a rival wedding car business using photos of MY car at a wedding I did on their website!

They were basically hooking people with my new Bentley Arnage and offering a much older Turbo R for hire.

This is how the law stands:

In some countries, people have some rights over images of their property, but this is not generally so in the UK. You may have rights in certain situations, e.g.

1. If the image was taken on private property and the property owner did not permit photography.

2. If you have some intellectual property rights in the car. For example, if you have painted the car in some distinctive design to the extent that it might be regarded as a work of artistic craftsmanship. Likewise, if the car is identified with your business and the use of the image might suggest a connection with your business.

So as you see we could argue point 2, but I doubt we'd get very far as the BTTF design is not our own copyright.

Best Regards
D

P.S, My solicitor put a stop to the rival wedding website on point 2, last sentence Big Grin
VIN 4532

DOC-574
well :lol: so far things are getting sorted out but thanks for the info :lol:
Glen & Sam Wrote:hi all

after taking to ther company that made the t shirts for asda they have amited they have done it and are going to surply pj grady enough t shrits to cover a delroean :wink: plus and who ever comes on a frist come first seve system what ever left at the nec to give away to club members regards the anythink else it has been sorted out

that's awesome. well done. why can't all potential litigation end like this? ASDA couldn't throw in £20k worth of Fox's Classics as well, could they? :lol: :lol:

hmmm Classics.....
Hey Glen,

Will I get a free t-shirt if there are any left from the next NEC?? Big Grin
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
hi ll

im just awaiting a call from the company then i can get all sorted for us :lol: