Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Venturis & Metering Heads
wow, thanks guys!! Mr Green

I'd been putting part nos into google and trying various websites to no avail :roll:

Not sure if I'll get time to mess about with car before the MOT on Wednesday morning, but will deffo have a go this weekend.

Nick, be interesting to see those graphs Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Heres a better list I found Big Grin

[Image: boschvolvo.JPG]

It appears that the metering heads on DGS and flopsy are exactly the same but from different years.
DGS also has an 0438 120 065 air meter/venturi that I fitted at eurotec and nick tweaked up and its been running spot on since.

Yours should run ok then claire as both bits are off the 760... :?
VIN: 6511
Another Excellent find Dan !

NickT
yep and i understand all of it, well not really :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Top stuff Dan, I did have a list of all the 260 & DeLorean part numbers. But have misplaced it :roll:

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I have the Volvo metering head, and Volvo venturi, the Volvo venturi is noticably bigger than the original DeLorean one but the car now runs pretty well.

I still need to set the emmissions on a exhaust analyser but I can't see how the OEM DeLorean venturi can ever work properly with the Volvo metering head,
anyone who was at Eurotech who heard my car running would have known that!

B28E (E=European)
B28F (F=Federal) i.e. USA spec emissions control

Some interesting comparison pics:

[Image: v1.jpg]

[Image: V2.jpg]

[Image: V3.jpg]

You can change over to the Volvo injection set-up but the B28E had a slightly higher compression than the B28F so unless you're going to go the whole
hog and change the pistons I don't think you'll get up to quite the same power levels as the Volvo.

Just my 2p.

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Hi James

Nice Pics!

Can you confirm the overall diameter of each flap please

Cheers
JamesRGUK Wrote:I have the Volvo metering head, and Volvo venturi, the Volvo venturi is noticably bigger than the original DeLorean one but the car now runs pretty well.

I still need to set the emmissions on a exhaust analyser but I can't see how the OEM DeLorean venturi can ever work properly with the Volvo metering head,
anyone who was at Eurotech who heard my car running would have known that!

B28E (E=European)
B28F (F=Federal) i.e. USA spec emissions control

Some interesting comparison pics:

[Image: v1.jpg]

[Image: V2.jpg]

[Image: V3.jpg]

You can change over to the Volvo injection set-up but the B28E had a slightly higher compression than the B28F so unless you're going to go the whole
hog and change the pistons I don't think you'll get up to quite the same power levels as the Volvo.

Just my 2p.

James

Glad to hear your car is running well now James.

Mike, from what I can remember, the diameter of the metering flaps are:

OEM Delorean - 81mm
Volvo - 88mm

NickT
I reckon the reason why the de one is smaller may be because the de runs a leaner mixture TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
thanks for the pics and info everyone, will be a great help for us in tackling the car this weekend Smile

Gonna fit the Volvo metering head that we've got and match it up to a Volvo Venturi, so that I've got a full Volvo set up - havent got a gas analyser, so will have to try and 'judge' the CO settings as best as possible - unless anyone local to us has a gas tester we can borrow for the weekend?
have a word with the tester claire ask him if he dont mind adjusting it while your there, but like i said my mot place dont check it, so i would ask if its in their book TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:have a word with the tester claire ask him if he dont mind adjusting it while your there, but like i said my mot place dont check it, so i would ask if its in their book TT

The garage in Hulland Ward where we used to live did the emissions last year, and the garage in Derby that are MOT'ing it now have a copy of the old MOT so are just working off of that.

I think emissions checks on older cars is something of a grey area to be honest.
ok guys, we think we've cracked it, without having to change the metering head (which wont fit the car as its got a port missing).

RichH came round and had a good look at the car and ferreted around, and found out that the car had been 'plumbed up' wrong.

Finger's x'd its all sorted, but I wont know until I take it for a run down to London tomorrow :wink:

Unfortunately, the mode switch is fubar, so my heater doesnt work, and we had to replace a headlamp fuse that had melted..... :roll: Oh, and the replacement angle drive is also a pile of scrap (yay, another failed DMCH angle drive.... :roll: )
Hi Claire,
Is the missing port for the frequency valve? If so that is correct for Volvo spec stuff as it's not used.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
cant remember mate, I was busy in the kitchen cooking and Phill and Rich were out in the rain
checking the new metering head against the one on the car and the pipework.

Phill will be here in a bit, I'll ask him which bit is missing on the new metering head.