Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorry to be a wet blanket
Claire Usher Wrote:Phil, you still coming over to ours on the 20th for a veggie tech sesh? Big Grin

Yep, provided I can source a pump and all the ancillaries in time! I'm on holiday for a week as of this coming Saturday and the last diesel pump I was buying via eBay fell through :evil: Hopefully sorted one from a breakers yard so I'll let you know by the end of this week if that's ok?

I would still prefer to go down the local scrappy and get one myself but again, it's finding the time to get down there on a Saturday morning.

And we won't talk about the pile of DeLorean parts gathering dust in the garage which used to resemble VIN# 12173 :roll: :lol:

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hi mate, did you find out if your lucas pump has an imobiliser on it?
VIN: 6511
Hi Dan,

I've just been outside and taken a photo of the fuel pump on my Pug (see below). Mine's a post-'97 model (R-reg '98). I compared the pump to the diagram of the Lucas / CAV one in the Haynes manual but it doesn't really seem to match up in terms of where they locate the stop solenoid. They also don't mention the immobilizer on the fuel pump :?

Reckon this is the stop solenoid?

[Image: lucas-pump.jpg]

p.s. moderators feel free to move this thread into the O/T area!
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Nope thats a damper for the throttle so when you take the throttle off it goes down slowly :wink:

It is an immobilized one though. So if you get an immobilized bosch one you will have to have it programed up by someone :roll:
Dan1986 Wrote:Nope thats a damper for the throttle so when you take the throttle off it goes down slowly :wink:

Ah ok, I thought that's what the little gas strut at the front did :oops:

Where abouts am I looking for that tell-tale sign of an immobilizer? :wink:
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hi Phil

i assume you know, but theres a place in Wolvo that sells all the veggie kit, heater, solenoid etc.

i want to convert my C4 picasso, but its a nogo with the HDi engine
In the pug you don't need a heater and those bits, you just need to change the lucas pump for a bosch one and pour the oil in the tank Big Grin

I can't uploads pics from work, but later i'll put a pic of a non imbolised pump on the forum for you :wink:
VIN: 6511
Awesome, cheers matey Big Grin
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
steve.s Wrote:Hi Phil

i assume you know, but theres a place in Wolvo that sells all the veggie kit, heater, solenoid etc.

i want to convert my C4 picasso, but its a nogo with the HDi engine

Hiya Steve,

Yeah I remember we talked about it in the pub a while back :wink:. Speaking of which, it's about time we had another DMC pub night down The Bell again soon Big Grin
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo