Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips on how to fix this please...
On both sides of my car these arm rests are not fixed flush to plastic moulding. The clips have loosened over time. Apart from drilling a screw, how else can i fix this.
[Image: 100_0722.jpg]
Paul

Vin No :- 6042
DOC:- 466
Before getting the drill out ( Never do this!). I suggest you get some needle nose pliers, and adjust/bend the locating clips so it holds in place, and maybe boost the size of the lugs using masking tape. Fixing them back on shouldn't really be a big problem without the use of a drill!

Cheers Paul

Ben
Thanks Paul, will give this a go.

Oh and i would never drill :wink:
Paul

Vin No :- 6042
DOC:- 466
Hi Paul,

I'd agree with Ben...try the existing clips first. If that fails the only real option would be to remove the quarter trim and fix it on from behind. This would be very risky as it's easy to cause worse damage when removing the vinyl from around the door aperture, particularly if your panels are good. If they're already split here it would be easier to do, and you may want to retrim them anyway. (see article in Mag ref rear speakers)

The other option you have is to bond it in place with Tiger Bond. But this is really a bodge rather than repair.
It's up to you to decide which you prefer.

Good Luck

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574