Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Online
Great job with the forum Dan Big Grin
Paul

Vin No :- 6042
DOC:- 466
arranj Wrote:Yep, and just tested it by logging out and and logging in and the light is still flashing on the post I haven't read. The old version definately didn't do that, cache or no cache :wink:

60,000 characters maximum per post??! Shock Who wants to test that then? :twisted:Mr Green

Hi Arran,

Been checking with the makers of out forum, PHPBB and according to them this behaviour is now by design. It's all based on your cookies on you machine which is why it works correctly on a Mac and on other borwsers other than IE. They saw the fact that logging out and back in and loosing the unread posts is a bad idea.

If you want to mark them as read there is now an option for this. On the main forum page, the one showing the all of the sub forums there is an option on the upper right hand side above all the lists in the grey bar called Mark Forums Read. This will make everything read for you.

Dan
OK - cheers Dan - that helps thanks!

Am I right in thinking that the "email me when someone replies to my post"/"watch this topic for replies" thing has (in the last couple of days) been taken off? - or is this something to do with bookmarks?