Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appeal for a Delorean
Well it depends on what the WMC want, whoever speaks to them first...if they want loads of cars, big spectacle type thing then count me in, I can take a trip to Cornwall via Cardiff.
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Without treading on anybody's toes, this would be a nice opportunity to see many DeLoreans, and fellow members, together on home turf, which in the past has always been so far from home.

Maybe we could make a day of it....... Big Grin

Ben

Hiya Ben

no probs matey, the record company called us earlier to discuss this and also
another thing they may well need us for and will keep us posted as to
requirements.

Like you say, could be a good excuse for a meet up Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hey ben. i wouldn't mind coming to this one. Lets talk nearer the time
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
No problem Dan.

Seems like ages since we met at RAF Cosford!
Hi

I had an email back from Gareth, saying great if I could come down with offer of tickets etc, I explained that I wasnt really too concerned with seeing the band...but I'll be there.

I got the impression its turned into a more the merrier thing.
I think they were surprised to even find one Delorean car willing to come, although they are pretty scarce in Wales. :wink:
It seems the newspaper/radio/teletext appeal was to advertise the gig more than anything, and to have a D or two outside would be a bonus. They're gonna be giving away more tickets than they thought too :roll:
I'm excited its turned into a big meet up, looking forward to it.
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Stuart Rees Wrote:I think they were surprised to even find one Delorean car willing to come, although they are pretty scarce in Wales. :wink:
It seems the newspaper/radio/teletext appeal was to advertise the gig more than anything, and to have a D or two outside would be a bonus. They're gonna be giving away more tickets than they thought too :roll:

Hope it all goes well guys and you get some good publicity out of it.

All I would say with these things is ensure good security around the cars to keep the high spirited 'masses' off them.
bozzzydmc Wrote:
Stuart Rees Wrote:I think they were surprised to even find one Delorean car willing to come, although they are pretty scarce in Wales. :wink:

Hope it all goes well guys and you get some good publicity out of it.

All I would say with these things is ensure good security around the cars to keep the high spirited 'masses' off them.

I remember being "bouncer" at one of your 'publicity' events, being the wall between joe public and your car Big Grin

Never again...........I got tired of pulling and throwing people out of the drivers seat (in the "A-Team" Mr-T style)
I didn't even have a sausage on the end of a fork to scare them off ! (Long story....)

NickT
I do try and forget that night ....

Basically Mr Public, Beer and DeLoreans dont really mix !!

Oh and neither do Miss Public.... they are probably the worse!

All the same thanks for all your help that night ....without you #2001 wouldnt be here today Wink
never had any aggro at Neon Neon gigs (so far).

All the people that we've encountered whilst working with the band in London have been very chilled out and havent wanted to 'abuse' the vehicle in the same way they can be at normal car shows.

Anyway, I've got a DeLorean to put back on the road................ :wink:
Well yes im sure everything will be fine :wink: ... but for for a free gig you would like to think decent security will be put on ...

BTW are there any good links to videos etc you have done so far with them ?
There's plenty of stuff out there, a Google/Ask.co.uk/etc will bring up plenty of stuff featuring Phills car with Gruff and Brian.

Dave Howarths car was used for the album/CD covers, and Phill's has been used for all the other promotional work including studio photos and gig's where the band are photographed with the car.

There was a good one my boss found the other day, I'll try and find the link to it again Smile
Anybody seen this? Rough Trade East in-store gig?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px2b-pRDDh8
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
yep, that was Sorbet posing outside Rough Trade records in London for a Neon Neon gig inside the store Big Grin

Fab night out that was Smile