Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passenger door alignment
Hello everyone,

I have recently joined the DOC and am in the process of working on my DeLorean to get it through its first MOT, but i have other problems at the moment... I am after some advice regarding door alignment as my passenger door is miss aligned. The door seems to have moved and now catches on the roof T section when opening and closing.
Has anyone had and experience of this and adjusting the door alignment or give any guidance on what I should do.

Thanks
Leigh
Leigh

DOC 618
VIN 3377
Cocking, West Sussex
Hi Leigh and welcome !

Does the door sit OK everywhere else ? ie along the windscreen and wings etc?

It could be that the t panel its self has moved and needs pulling over to the drivers side a bit ... how does that sound?
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply
It is definately that the door is not alligned properly. It does not sit correctly when closed with the rear too far out and the front too far inward. I am not sure what has happened as it used to fit ok, but not perfect.
Leigh

DOC 618
VIN 3377
Cocking, West Sussex
Hmm this is kindof of difficult to explain in text.

If the door kicks out/in from the body work, then you need to adjust the four (two either side) bolts the hold the hinges to the top of the door itself.

These are in slots, by loosening them you can pull the door in and out. You will have to remove the gas strut to allow any adjustment at the rear.

Be aware that the front hinge is connected to the torsion bar and this will allow very little movement without taking tension off the bar.

Torsion bar adjustment is not difficult in itself, but you do need to understand how to do it, otherwise you are likely to cause damage to the car and yourself.
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
hi

my car had a tiny catch on the T panel, and tried to remove the T panel.

finally gave up though, mine is well glued down.

what vin is your car?
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hi,

The car VIN is 3377.
I haven't had a chance to look at the hinges yet but hope that I can adjust the alignment by loosening the bolts that hold the door. I shall bear that in mind about the T panel incase it turns out that i have to remove it.

Cheers
Leigh

DOC 618
VIN 3377
Cocking, West Sussex
I would give that area a good squirt of WD a day or so before hand to help with the adjustment over of the hinges.
Cheers Mike, I give that a go.
Leigh

DOC 618
VIN 3377
Cocking, West Sussex
Leigh Wrote:Cheers Mike, I give that a go.

Welcome Leigh!

Can't believe your in Cocking. I'm just down the road by Chi. I've re-aligned both my doors. If you want a hand just let me know.

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574