Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
can anyone tell me what this is
Hi all could anyone tell me what this is for i have finally found out what my clicking noise is under my dash bord is but i dont know what it is?why is it clicking?can i fix it myself to stop it clicking?or do i need to order another one?if so where do i get it from?
can anyone help please
[img]
[Image: Picture527.jpg]
thanks alot Tyson[/img]
That looks like a flasher to me :wink:
That is the flasher relay that sits/hangs just next to the steering column, under the speedo cluster.
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
Forgot to say, it's mean to make clicking noise when it is turned on (i.e. your indicators are flashing).
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: 3-6-2.gif]

It's item 14 on the above image.
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

I assume this is a wind up? Shock
no no wind up this thing is clicking none stop when i am driving and it is driving me nuts and it dose click without turning on the indicator ..any advise will be appreciated.
thanks alot tyson
ahh sorry Sad

can't think how it'd be clicking and the lights not be flashing.

strange one.

like John asked - do your lights work fine? does the unit click when the indicators are on?
it is a real strange one the lights work fine the indercators work fine the little box clicks fine when indercating im just not sure if there is a short in the electrics someware.when driving the car it starts clicking if i pull downwards on the steering wheel when driving that seems to stop the clicking.I dont know if it is the little box that may have a problem with it or would it be a short on the steering collum??

would be great if anyone has any clues to what the problem could be

thanks again Tyson
erm, if the thing is intermittent (i don't mean flashing), and changes when you move the steering wheel, then might it be a problem with the socket/wires grounding, maybe?

have you checked the condition of the wires/connector underneath?
i havn't checked all the wireing there are a couple of wires that don't look great i may have to go through a prosses of elimination would a bad earth or something like that cause that sort of problem?

thanks Tyson
take the lid off and see if the main joints on the bord have come away as they did on nime thery might need re soldiering
cheers glen i will try that tomorrow
thanks alot tyson
Like Glen said, Check the internal conditions of the relay first.

If possible, try another relay and that will double confirm whether it's the relay playing up.

If all above has been done and the odd clicking problem still exist, then see if the connector blades on the female plug are touching the steering column mount.

And at the very last step if problem is still here, check all the wires....
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

Ah!!! I have another tip for you!

Check your Hazard Light switch!!!! See if the wiring/ plug or even the hazard switch itself has something loose. That might be the problem!

Make sure you disconnect the battery before attempting to check them though!
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]