Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust Thermo Bandage question
Dear Everyone,

I just wrapped my exhaust with thermo bandage that could withstand up to 1290 degree celcius.

But when i started the engine the first time after the wrap, it the bandages gave some light smoke.... I let them cool down (engine off) and then went for a drive (with fire extinguisher ready).

After the drive (approx 5 mins), they no longer gave out smoke. but they have turn to a light-ish grey colour (when 5 mins ago it was clean white, and i am sure the grey is not dust or dirt).

Is it normal that the bandages do that?? Or does our D's exhaust get over 1290 degree celcius??

Thanks for any help!
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
Extra info:

this is the bandage i used

http://www.billion-inc.co.jp/billion200 ... ndage.html

[Image: BB90.jpg][Image: botan_02.gif]
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

Sounds about right but seems pointess putting exhaust bndages on. Mind you, the ambient temperature is just a lot hotter in Hong Kong than UK !

NickT
NickT Wrote:Sounds about right but seems pointess putting exhaust bndages on. Mind you, the ambient temperature is just a lot hotter in Hong Kong than UK !

NickT

Hehe, i only put the bandage on one side (the alternator side) since the alternator and all those important wiring needs protection from excessive heat Tongue

The exhaust is warm to touch even after a 1 hour drive now~ purely amazing!
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]