Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mineral Oil
I have topped up the oil using a 10w-40. I know semi-synthetic is the one most use, but i used halfords brand mineral oil (didnt realise this until i done it). This is what i use in my Pontiac Firebird.

Can i use this too in the D without problems?
Paul

Vin No :- 6042
DOC:- 466
dont see why not...... I use normal engine oil in my cars (including the De)
and have never had any issues.

Hows it going Paul anyway, long time no speak....
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Paul McKay Wrote:I have topped up the oil using a 10w-40. I know semi-synthetic is the one most use, but i used halfords brand mineral oil (didnt realise this until i done it). This is what i use in my Pontiac Firebird.

Can i use this too in the D without problems?

This is what I use. Would probably been the only thing around in the late 70's when the engine was developed anyway.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
i wouldnt worry either as long as its a decent make and not the £5 a gallon from the dodgy recycling plant Big Grin TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Thanks for the replies, just wanted to double check.

EVerything is fine thanks Claire, could be better but could also be worse lol. How are you both? Got my hands full between the cars and my young lad coming up to the 'terrible two's' lol.
Paul

Vin No :- 6042
DOC:- 466
Paul McKay Wrote:Thanks for the replies, just wanted to double check.

EVerything is fine thanks Claire, could be better but could also be worse lol. How are you both? Got my hands full between the cars and my young lad coming up to the 'terrible two's' lol.

ah, we're not so bad matey, struggling on (but then aren't we all right now) :roll:

Luckilly I've not got toddler's to worry about, just the pets and the cars Smile

Catch up soon,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie