Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New owner and VIN6383
Hey Dyf and welcome to the DOC! Big Grin

You certainly sound like you're enjoying life with your D already, it doesn't take that long to get used to driving once you've been out a few times. It will however, take a lot longer to come to terms with the attention and general madness the car gets everywhere you take it, but you'll absolutely love it! 8)

You're spot on about the feeling you get when driving the car, a mixture of nerves, excitement and a real adrenalin rush, just like you said when you learn to drive for the first time! Tongue

As for the club itself, with or without a car, you couldn't find yourself in amongst a better bunch of friendly and down to earth people! As you have already seen, always happy to give out lots of great tips and advice. If you have any issues that crop up with the car, just post them in the technical area of the forum and there's usually plenty of members who can help you out and get you back on the road! Big Grin

Come along to a club event sometime and introduce yourself, put some faces to names and all that. Another Eurotec event has just been announced for next year. I can highly recommend that for a great weekend with the DOC.

Happy motoring! Smile

Best regards

Carl
Carl & Alex Hammond
DOC361
VIN#11777 (don't ask!!) Sad
Norfolk
Hi Dyf

Well done on your car purchase!

Looking forward to seeing you and your car soon!

Mike
RichH Wrote:Right had side of the steering column is a knob, loosen it. You have up/down and in/out.

Yes good shout Rich, it was worth mentioning that the wheel moves in and out too, only at the last EuroTec i was showing someone this ... seems like years of old grease sticks it into the same position Wink

Oh ...Drivers door opens great now bud, thanks for the help with the torsion bar... as nervous as i look on the vid clip ...it is appreciated Wink
bozzzydmc Wrote:
RichH Wrote:Right had side of the steering column is a knob, loosen it. You have up/down and in/out.

Yes good shout Rich, it was worth mentioning that the wheel moves in and out too, only at the last EuroTec i was showing someone this ... seems like years of old grease sticks it into the same position Wink

Never knew that either!. Will give it a try!
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:This is the second RHD we as a company have produced, and hand on heart it was a back breaker, she took way way to long thankfully Dyf was patient with us (For that he deserves a medal)! in the end we got her out.
Chris Nicholson
Congratulations!
Great to know another D is being enjoyed on the open road.
So, its a RHD 8) , thats why 2nd and reverse are a bit difficult then :oops:
Any pics of your new Pride and Joy.
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
the way I clean my D is to wash as normal (car shampoo), blade dry the car then, leave to dry throughly 1-3 hours then get one of the green pan scouring pads then follow the grain stroking in one way, dry, do the whole car then a liquid plastic cleaner a sponge and do the louvers, engine cover and other black bits....tyres with a sponge and some tyre gel////////job done Big Grin

shiney D!!

then time to blind some motorists :twisted:
Vin #1458
My reputition proceeds me....>
BELFAST BOY #1458 Wrote:the way I clean my D is to wash as normal (car shampoo), blade dry the car then, leave to dry throughly 1-3 hours then get one of the green pan scouring pads then follow the grain stroking in one way, dry, do the whole car then a liquid plastic cleaner a sponge and do the louvers, engine cover and other black bits....tyres with a sponge and some tyre gel////////job done Big Grin

shiney D!!

then time to blind some motorists :twisted:

then someone touches itTongue
DOC 527
Vin #10264
You toucha ma car, I breaka yer face! :lol:
Vin #1458
Well done on your purchase!!!
Paul

Vin No :- 6042
DOC:- 466
Thanks for the kind words.

Still getting used the attention car draws! It's nearly caused a few accidents already! Anybody would think it was an unsual sight!

Does anyone know how many D's are on the road in the UK?
DOC 529
VIN 6383
good luck with your D !! :wink:
Vin #1458
Dyf Wrote:Thanks for the kind words.

Does anyone know how many D's are on the road in the UK?

well i know theres one less Cry TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
As far as I know the best estimate is 50-70 on the road, and 200-250 in the country? Not including Ireland where there are a fair few!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
hi Dyf. I live not far from you. I'm in Gloucester so if you ever fancy a bit of a cruise with another delorean let me know i've been looking for an excuse to put some fuel in mine and go for a blast. Dan.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
as I said, money grabbing Bar Stewards!!!

Corruption made Law is tax.

I perfer the way Thai people make money, my Friend who is moving there in 2 weeks Cry is having the contents of his home sent to Bangkok for peanuts by a Thai Shipping firm From London.
Vin #1458