Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DMC on upcoming top gear
Flux Capacitor Wrote:I just watched the last episode of the series and I have seen every episode before that and no mention of anything DMC Sad

it was in 2003 or 2004 I think. I know I had my car then, but it wasnt
on the road. We had a few D's turn up, and the car in the studio was
Robin Simpson's gorgeous "1982D"

It was a really good day out, and we went to 'Classics on the Common' in
Harpenden on the way home.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Cant actually remember seeing a D on top gear but remember Patrick K talking about it and a picture or two with him outside ?

There again my memory is starting to fade now.... does anyone know where i can see this ep again ?

Got a feeling this D on top gear thing is going to be just a top gear magazine thing which would be a shame Sad
bozzzydmc Wrote:Cant actually remember seeing a D on top gear but remember Patrick K talking about it and a picture or two with him outside ?

There again my memory is starting to fade now.... does anyone know where i can see this ep again ?

Got a feeling this D on top gear thing is going to be just a top gear magazine thing which would be a shame Sad

Yeah, he was the guest in one episode, Clarkson insulted it and you saw it for a few seconds (it was in the studio).

It looks like the DMCH thing is only for the magazine as this series just ended with no mention of DMCH in any episode.
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
wait and see if think you find it interesting then it comes on :lol: :lol:
Yeah, last night was the last episode of the current series, next weeks episode is the usual recap of the whole series. If Top Gear had filmed over in Houston I think James Espey would have told us all by now to watch out for it.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
you might want to ask a a member of the club as he was on the phone to the states when they was filming over there on the car park as he was oedering some parts :lol:
This is the DeLorean bit from a previous series. Robin Simpsons car was used as the 'studio' car. I managed my 5 minutes of fame too (stood to the right behind the plasma screen) Big Grin :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEsPbN61UzM

I read somewhere that there is now a four year wait to be in the audience...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Cheers for the link Chris ...never seen that all the way through
Chris Hawes Wrote:This is the DeLorean bit from a previous series. Robin Simpsons car was used as the 'studio' car. I managed my 5 minutes of fame too (stood to the right behind the plasma screen) Big Grin :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEsPbN61UzM

I read somewhere that there is now a four year wait to be in the audience...
Can see you clearly as well you jammy git lol! Got a spot light on you as well! Something tells me what Patrick said wasn't from the heart though and was just for TV.
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
He must of been making it up to try and sound funny because its totaly not true at all.
Its been discussed before, it was tongue-in-cheek humour.
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
To finally put this to bed here is the post I put on DMChelp.

Quote:Hi DMCH employees....

Recently when "Top Gear" magazine was taking pictures and writing the article for their last issue featuring your good selves where they also filming for the TV show? A few people on the British forum heard a rumor but there was nothing in the series that was just shown.

Can you enlighten us in any way?

Thanks.

Alistair McCann

And here is James Espey's response to that question....

Quote:There was no filming done during their recent visit here, just still photography.

James

So.... THERE IS NOT GOING TO BE A DELOREAN ON TOPGEAR......OK?

Ok.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.