Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Classics and Design Icons
Hey you lot Big Grin ,
I.m curious to know what do you drive as your normal everyday cars. I drive a Silver Skoda Roomster Scout 1.9tdi, 'cause it looks like a concept car, out and about on the outskirts of London and also I like it parked next to my D cause it to me follows opposite Design Language. I have this as my company car, cause I am lucky enough to choose what I want to drive, as long as its a Skoda :lol: I am aware that other cars in the house hold for yourselves have different roles to fulfill.
But is any one out there use a Citreon XM, or a Subaru SVX? I know that Mr Gutkowski uses a Mental Venturi that he might find my finger nails still attached to the dash board Shock and A.V has the Volvo T5.
Let me know!
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Vin #1458
My reputition proceeds me....>
My daily driver is a 1990 BMW 316i. I'd looked at what i could afford and set out to buy a Megane but i fell over this on a forecourt and fell in love with it. I've had it 4 years on Tuesday.

[Image: n666660054_3344739_7933.jpg]
Chris Bale
Norwich, Norfolk

DOC# 528 / VIN# 2325
Thunderchild Wrote:i fell over this on a forecourt and fell in love with it. I've had it 4 years on Tuesday.

[Image: n666660054_3344739_7933.jpg]

i don`t fall in love with my cars.......it`s more like a one night stand and then before ya know it 6 years have passed and we are still together....LOL....

:oops: :? Shock :roll: :twisted: :wink:
Alan Hammond(doc-218) "Smokey" (DMC-vin569) and "The spy" (Esprit 1981)
I have a mk2 golf with a 2.8 V6 engine in. It ain't very economical i know but its broke at the moment so im saving money.
Kelvin Tan
my daily hack is a 1993 Cavalier 1.7TD - bought off ebay in October 2007
with 8 months MOT and a blown head gasket.

On the road with 6 months tax for less then £200, and costing nothing to
run because it runs on recycled waste cooking oil.

Pet name "Eric Da Shed" (cos he's a bit battered and has done 156k bless him)
but he's never let me down and I love him to bits Smile

Ok, so I love all my cars.............. (4 and counting - the scrap Dippy dont count) :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Yep, you can't beat an old Cav. I used to have a GSI before all this petrol lark, and the poor old thing used to be driven to it's limits and still wouldn't give up. I got rid of in the end cos it needed too much MOT work.

Would like to do the biodiesel thing and it ain't gonna be long til the government start taxing waste cooking oil or something!!! :roll:
Kelvin Tan
I got a 306 turbo diesel for my daily. Try to only use it for work. Thats on veggy oil too. :lol: I use the D for work somtimes if its sunny cos it has aircon and the aircon in the pug doesn't work :wink:
Tongue hmm, alot of people using Retro-rides, I think I would use Mk1 OCTY vRS or Pug 406 coupe if I had to buy my own everyday mota.....
:wink: good luck out there, and hope to meet up with some of ya soon.
I had a Chat with A.V about maybe meeting up at the Grasshopper in Westerham sometime when he gets his D back, anyone interested?
Vin #1458
My reputition proceeds me....>
Hey, just a little question here coz im curious, why dont you lot use your Ds as main cars? Is there something with them that stops them from being used as main cars, or do you just like having multiple cars for different situations?
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
I would use mine everyday but using it that often makes the chances of having an accient in it greater, and also the fuel costs, ie I would have to buy fuel to get to work :wink:

The Pug 406 coupe is quite nice, a mate of mine has just bought one of them. No better on fuel than the D though :lol:
Insurance as well as fuel.

I do 50 miles a day commute so use a car that does 55+ to the gallon.

The insurance on the D is a lot cheaper on a classic policy.

NickT
OK, makes sense I suppose.

How many miles to the gallon does a D do anyway? I read that its about about 30...
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
You read right.
I never got more than about 25 on the motorway with my stock engine.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
Well it depends how heavy your right foot is :wink: :lol:

Whats your new turbo engine like on fuel?