Poll: P20 - Lotus or DeLorean
DeLorean
Lotus
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DeLorean or Lotus?
Hey guys,

The ride home from Eurotec took us a good 3 hours, which was plenty of time for Chris and I to have a good argument about whether Pilot 20 is technically a DeLorean or a Lotus.

It looks like a DeLorean, but was built at Lotus, by Lotus, using mostly handmade parts - with only a handful of DMC parts used. The frame is Lotus, the underbody is lotus, and the panels were semi pressed and finished by hand. The interior was handmade for the car. It was never registered as a DMC manufactured car, and was intended to be destroyed after testing was completed.

That said, it was sent to the US to gain emissions approval as a DMC-12.

So what do you think it 'technically' is?

Darren & Chris
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
A DeLorean, built by Lotus.

The design is still DeLorean, even though Lotus had a hand in that too.
Rob Williams
DOC 475
VIN 17152
Our Royal family are genetically Germans, but I suppose I'm just being a Sour Kraut :lol: :lol:

Delorean NOT Lotus, just think of Proton if you need an example as to why its not a Lotus

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
D20 is more Lotus than most DeLoreans but it is still a DeLorean...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
I supose its a Lotus DMC12

Or a Deloreotus :lol:
Dan1986 Wrote:I supose its a Lotus DMC12

Or a Deloreotus :lol:

Ah, you beat me to it!!! Big Grin
Kelvin Tan
Or a Lotdel?

Years ago when I was working at a British Motor-cycle dealership, folk used to take the Brilliant engine from a Triumph Bonneville and bolt it into the superior frame of a Norton....it became a Triton.

Of course over a period of time there was a surfeit of Triumph frames and Norton engines; it was not long before some idiot made a NortRon, that had a crappy engine in an even crappier frame.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian