Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Start problem on DGS here we go :(
Primary fuel pressure. OEM Volvo should be about 5.2 to 5.3 Bar. This is what you have on your car right now. If you don't have enough fuel pressure then at high revs the fuelling can lean out. When you go for a test drive see what it is like at higher revs and take it from there.

NickT
I see so maybe mine has been re-shimed at some stage to bring the pressure down a bit. I might as well have it set as volvo designed it, do you know where these shims are available from?
Hi Dan just a quick one mate did you ever sort out this hot start problem as i have been following it very closely because of hanas hot start problem i changed my o rings last night on the fuel injecter thing but it still has the same problems.When she runs she is great but when hot she is a cow any advise on what eles it could be apart from the accumaltor

cheers mate
Tyson
Hi Tyson, I changed the check valve in the fuel pump as well as the o-rings. I havn't had chance to test it yet becuase its been stuck in the garage while the drive was dug up but I will be getting it out tomorrow probably so will let you know if its fixed. I hope it is! If its still there then its the accumulator Sad
VIN: 6511
Hi Dan sorry to sound a bit fick but what is a check valve??maybe i need to do the same

cheers mate im off to bed now so i will check in in the morning

thanks alot
Tyson
it is basically a one way valve allowing fluid one way down a line but not the other.. hence in this case keeps petrol within the fuel line .
Cheers mike so where abouts would one find this valve then i really ant very good with the working parts of a engine but i am learning slowly.
so is this valve thing a major part then to stop it starting when hot then??

Cheers mate speak soon
Tyson
It is on the fuel pump , and depends what type of pump you have fitted

[Image: fuel-pump-replacement.jpg]

^^^^^ This one has a separate screw in check valve.
Yep thats the thing. I was lucky I had that pump allready. If you have the other type you have to change the whole pump Shock
VIN: 6511
Hi Tyson

Refer back to my post on page four

It's unlikely to be your check valve but you could test it by taking it off the fuel pump (if you can) and blowing air through it using a foot pump. One way air will pass, the other not. If it is at fault air will pass both directions.

Run the car for a minute to charge the fuel system, then take off the air box and gently press the metering flap. It should be quite stiff to push down. If it collapses easily after a few seconds, then you have a fault with either accumulator, primary pressure 'o' ring or check valve, but most likely the accumulator...
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Yep, I had this, went through the test and it was the accumulator unfortunately.

Incidentally, referring to earlier posts, then my central locking was buggering about this also triggered the 'prime' function - just to add fuel to the fire andbout spikes and so on...

R
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Hi all thaks for all the advice i think i am going to make a executive decision and bite the bullet and put a new accumlatior on her wheather it is or isn't because this is doing my head in.so the big burning question is where do i bye one from??

thanks alot Tyson