Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RHD vin 510 passes MOT!!
Hi All, I delighted to say that after 2 months of hard work, cleaning, sorting etc Vin 510 passed its MOT today!

It still needs a few minor things sorting, but it was so good to take it for its first drive on UK roads, since it was sold from the factory in 1984. It will be great to take it to Euro-Tech in a couple of weeks....providing the registration process proceeds without any hitches.

On the matter of other RHD cars, "PSO" was Dave Howarth's own car for many years. It was a post factory conversion and almost certainly not done by Wooler-Hodec.

SOA 82Y as Nigel says, is a Manual transmission, unlike its two brother's, my old RHD AXI 1698, AXI 1699, which were both Auto's. They and vin 510 were the only cars converted to RHD by the factory.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Congratulations Chris!

She is a beautiful car and I am looking forward to seeing her again at Eurotec. I am desperately tiring to get P20 ready as well, hopefully she will make it! With P25 Vin 510, and all the other deloreans I cant think of a better reason for a photoshoot!

Best wishes!

Chris
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Congrats, Chris. It's a lovely and very interesting car - thanks for the tour of it. Chris (other Chris), it's really nice to see your handywork in person, the car looks stunning!

[Image: 2548934532_10e8dffbe4_b.jpg]

[Image: 2548104215_fc68a385e5_b.jpg]

[Image: 2548095045_073a283f07_b.jpg]

[Image: 2548091275_257bebae9f_b.jpg]

[Image: 2548082527_16575cbe26_b.jpg]

[Image: 2548009727_b3a54cd085_b.jpg]
Congratulations, hopefully I can get mine through in the next 2 weeks to get to Eurotec
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
Very nice pictures :wink:
What a beautiful garage, including the DMC sign Tongue
Domi Wrote:Very nice pictures :wink:
What a beautiful garage, including the DMC sign Tongue

Congrats to Chris on the MOT. Can't wait to see VIN510 at Eurotec.

Can't agree more with Domi. Fantastic Garage Matt.

It's great to see such passion for cars reflected in their garages. Big Grin

How many other superb garages do we have in the club? I know Nigel's is like Tracey Island Big Grin

Mine's a little more modest with marble floor tiles, solid oak work station, climate controlled, dehumidified, heated, fully white wipedown insulated walls and air conditioned.
Air is drawn along the floor, processed and blown over the car roofs. Humidity is kept constant at 55%RH (as used in the British museum to store antiqities). But boy, you other guy's have it good too Big Grin

[Image: 000_0136.jpg]

[Image: 000_0141.jpg]

Keep up the good work, and hey what about a garage gallery?

Best Regards
D

P.S. VIN 4532 is in my ajoining garage which I use as a workshop along with some other exotic's for company!
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:Can't agree more with Domi. Fantastic Garage Matt.

Heh, the garage is Chris', I'm just the photographer :wink:
Fantastic garage CHRIS Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Regards
D :oops:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Well done Chris nice garage too mate.

Darren, nice roller there, looks like P&A wood detail.
Kelvin Tan
Chris,

Congrats on the MOT, sorry not to see you at Eurotec (can't go, family committments), but look fwd to meeting you at an event in the future.

Oh, by the way, nice garages too guys. Mines more storage only, not a workshop. You sure wouldn't want to be down there if the power went off :-(

Best regards,
Best regards,

Nigel (DOC 447)

`Stan` RHD VIN 5565
`Olly` LHD VIN 3720
and that yellow thing with odd doors :-)
Blimey Shock You guys must have some serious cash :lol:
VIN: 6511
dmckelv12 Wrote:Well done Chris nice garage too mate.

How'd you know Paul & Andy Wood?

I've Applied the same ethos to restoring my D Big Grin

Best Regards
D

Much better quality than P & A Woods :lol: :lol:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:
dmckelv12 Wrote:Well done Chris nice garage too mate.

Is that the P&A Wood I drive past in Little Easton every day on my way to Saffron Walden?

Somone told me that they are the only approved RR dealer/service depot in the UK

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Hi James,

Yes the one and the same. They have a reputation for limitless cheque book restoration of vintage Rolls-Royce and Bentley. If you have time one day call in and take a look it really is Dream City in there. A good P & A Wood restoration can cost £millions. literally Shock

They are world renown for being the ULTIMATE concours restorer.

My handywork pales into insignificance Sad

I spent a year and £30K on my 1936 Rolls-Royce engine, peanuts as I got a P & A quote at £100K for the engine rebuild. Stuff that, I did it myself for only £30K Big Grin

[Image: 000_0140.jpg]

It'll pass for now, after all its 72 years old Shock

Seriously guys if you want an unbelievable day out for free just call into P & A Woods its a real eye opener. Just leave your cheque book at home and try not to slobber on the cars :lol:

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
P and A wood are one of my best customers, we have been doing their Chrome and nickel plating for many years. Real gents to deal with and pay on the button. ( With my Derby Plating hat on)
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian