Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the next thrilling instalment of the valley of death
hi all, well what can i say, my valley of death has sprung an oil leak and i cant find where its coming from so an engine swap is the only option.
Im going to try and get delorean block repaired so i can run turbo again for next year.
so there ya go i was a bit peed off but with the support of you the club members, il get by and bring her to eurotech, anyone up for an engine swap bbq :lol:
luv TT ps any donations please send to
tonys hair transplant fund and counciling
shine road
midlife county
ES SEX
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
mmmmm, this all seems very familiar Cry Cry
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
yes you have been there chris Cry TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:yes you have been there chris Cry TT
We could start our very own support group :lol:

On a more serious note, I do know of a new block and I have a complete 260 engine (that may or not be required) if you cant get one of your own. But this is the easiest route to go down, unlike me who choose to put new bits in one :roll: 170hp and no turbo to worry about, still having to get yours fixed.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Tony,

I have swapped out a PRV in a Delorean in a day before. If you want a hand let me know

Dan
thanks dan il let you know,, my plan is to put volvo engine in and rebuild de one so i can install turbo back on later TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Poor old tony, luck ain't on ur side at the moment is it mate? :roll:
Kelvin Tan
i know mate but there isnt any thing left to do now, well apapt from rebuilding another block and sorting out compression for turbo Cry
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
well i started this morning clutch was on the limit,and a few calls to other members, thanks you know who you are, i found one local to me.
After swaping all the bits over im ready to fit sump gasket and couple engine to g/box, with new clutch tomorrow.
if all goes well the remainder of my hair should have fallen out and i shall have a running car, and filthy hands Cry TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
good news TT, glad you got it sorted ok.

Give Andy a big hug for us next time you see him Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
well im nearly there, engine is in, just got to connect it all up, i feel gutted that the old de engine has no wear on the crank shells, and was mint inside the casings. I have sourced another block which over the winter i will be rebuilding with my internals.
I did get a new clutch this morning, a valeo at £64 + the dreaded i feel they may have made a mistake but sod it Big Grin TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Keep it up Tony, take photos too, I love seeing engine pics.

Big Grin

NickT
well i do when its not my car nick :lol: but its going ok. You get little problems, but its all the farking around with disconnecting looms and pipework that takes the time, the engine came out in 5 mins. im firing her up tomorrow thats the easy bit TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Good luck Tony.

NickT
Yes from me too.. but im sure it will turn out great matey!