Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cars the Star
phil349 Wrote:If Claire hasnt got it then I can make you a copy and post it to you as I have it on DVD. I guarantee it will annoy you though, its biased against the car from the start and some parts of it are just utter bollocks! No wonder we get half the comments we do from the general public, as for a lot of people programs like this tell them all they will know about the car. As well as several other factually incorrect comments he makes, they even find a car for filming that has failed door struts and go on to say the doors never worked properly on the Delorean because the struts are not strong enough. :evil:
Its the picking at the design thats annoying too, certain things make the car what it is, give it the iconic style and uniqueness it has, so why moan about the stainless steel and the doors? Stupid!

It was done by Quentin "I hate DeLorean's" Willson - nuff said :roll: :roll: :roll:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
True :lol:
Phil, I've not had time to try and find my copy, so if you can help Chris out in the meantime.....
I don't think Quentin "I hate DeLorean's" Willson always had that opinion.
I used to enjoy watching him on old TopGear in the late 80's and early 90's.
He used to do the classic car features.

I remember him going to Classic car show (just after the classic market crashed) and interviewing a chap with a DeLorean. He did not trash it or make negative comments.
Wierd that.

Anyway do we still have a "Contract" out on him? :wink: :lol: .
Regards
Nick H
DOC 650
Jaguar X-Type
Range Rover Sport SDV6 "Rufus" (Mrs H's motor)
DeLorean DMC 12 Vin#2862

My other hobby...
http://www.lccuk.org.uk/
If possible could I grab a copy of it as well please?

Must admit the only thing I can remember from the program is QW pulling down the engine cover and louver while wobbling them at both sides along with the comment of "We're not, talking quality here....far from it."
VIN# 04708, Grey interior, 5 speed, October 1981
DOC 649
ex DOC 562
I remember Mary Hooper telling me about her confronting QW one day at a show after 'Cars the Star' had been
filmed, apparantly she brought him down to size....... :wink:
...It will be really interesting getting to see this programme again, since becoming an owner. I remember watching it many years ago on the TV, and even had it on VHS (which then disappeared - hence my request for a new copy, since it will never be aired on TV again - at least in the UK - i see it is in America still)

I remember the same comment, whilst wobbling the Louvre and engine cover, but the same, that is about all (i think i remember the droopy doors and the missing headliner also).

...But do you know what!? It still never put me off wanting one. Here i am today, as i always wished as a wee boy, a DeLorean owner. lol! 8)

I remember watching my copy on VHS over and over also. Not to listen to poor Quentin, but to just see the car, as a real car, and not a time machine like in the BTTF movies (to quote QW, "we're not talking about..." the days where everyone had t'internet to refer to.) No no no....this was back in the day where no-one had such a thing in the common household - at least for our house anyway.

So, thanks out to whoever can look out their copy for me to have a copy of. Just let me know when you have it copied, and i'll give you my address to send it to. I'll be hoping to watch it when i get back to Blighty for my next holiday, hopefully sometime in October (he says crossing his fingers lol!)

...can't wait. One of the other many things i can't wait to get round to on my holidays. Finished steering rack replacement anyone! lol!
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black
Chassis: #1073
Engine: #2839

Main Car(s):
2005 BMW M3 in Velvet Blue
2010 Honda Civic Type R in Sapphire Blue (1 of 115 made)
I've just found a couple of VHS tapes of 'DeLorean programmes', I'll check through them
and see if its on there. If it is, I've got a VHS/DVD combi recorder, so I'll see if it will let
me do a copy.

I've found the case for my DeLorean Owners Club DVD #1 that was done a few years ago,
but the case is empty, I seem to recall thats my DVD that went missing after the NEC when
we were showing it there a couple of years ago........ :roll:
just going through some tapes Rissy, and I've found the bit where the DeLorean is the no.2
best film car of all time - and after an opening piece by Jason Barlow (who I've got a picture
of sitting in my car Wink ), appears Quentin Willson, and his opening line is "lets get one thing
straight, the DeLorean is a pile of crap". Nice!! He goes on to call it one of the worst cars
ever made, and calls the "Renault engine a wheezy asthmatic pile of cack."
Guinney1971 Wrote:just going through some tapes Rissy, and I've found the bit where the DeLorean is the no.2
best film car of all time - and after an opening piece by Jason Barlow (who I've got a picture
of sitting in my car Wink ), appears Quentin Willson, and his opening line is "lets get one thing
straight, the DeLorean is a pile of crap". Nice!! He goes on to call it one of the worst cars

OOoooohhhh....ha-ha-ha!! :lol: ...It's all coming back! I'm so excited to see this again. So funny! (In a serious way of course.....but well funny! You gotta love him, eh!) Big Grin
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
Been through the tapes we have here, and CTS isnt on any of them sadly - I think
Dave must have had that one when we sold up and went our seperate ways all
those years ago.
I will have it somewhere, I will try and sort it. All who want a copy just 'PM' me and I will try and copy it for you.

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris Williams Wrote:I will have it somewhere, I will try and sort it. All who want a copy just 'PM' me and I will try and copy it for you.

Chris

ME ME ME!!!! I want one! (Hand firmly plunged into the sky!)

PM Sent.

Chris.
Rissy
(Forum Member 288)
(DOC Member 663)

May 1981 vin#1458 "LEX"
Grey, Flapped, Black

Main Car(s):
If you can do me one too Chris, I can have it off you at the NEC, as I havent
got my copy any more.

Also, has anyone got a copy of the original DOC-UK DVD that was done?

Mine went walkabout after it was used at the NEC one year, and I'd love to have
another copy again.
Guinney1971 Wrote:just going through some tapes Rissy, and I've found the bit where the DeLorean is the no.2

QW was pretty much spot on then Tongue
Vin #4087