Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flux Capacitor Replica
yep, getting on great with it, use it all the time. No regrets Smile
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Did I hear right.. is there a new Iphone coming out soon ?
yup 3g version sometime this or next month, but with even less battery life, lol. tbh edge is fast enough for my needs
DOC 527
Vin #10264
ok ive ordered me flux Smile itll sit in me room ready and waitingTongue
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Hiya all,

I ordered a fluxie from bttf.com some months ago, and it turned up late in May. Sadly the strobe light didn't function (well not for more than a minute anyway), and I notified bttf.com, who within a week had arranged for a replacement to be sent, with the replacement arriving about 10th June.

It's OK, certainly `weighs the part` with it's solid metal case. The internals are good. I think the only slight disappointment is that there are only three LED's under each of the arms of the `Y`, which gives a somewhat limited `flowing` impression, I think there should be 6 or 8 for a better effect. However it's not bad. I'm sure my 9 year old will be thrilled as is the 9 year old in me :-).

Sadly I paid $249.88 plus $67 shipping and it's up for <£100 inc shipping on play.com. However would they have responded so quickly when the first one was DOA ? Who knows ?

So how many DeLorean owners have bought one .......
Best regards,

Nigel (DOC 447)

`Stan` RHD VIN 5565
`Olly` LHD VIN 3720
and that yellow thing with odd doors :-)
I hold my hand up.... I have one Smile

First outing for it too at Super car Sunday yesterday too.
It did get a good reaction actually and it stopped all the "where's the flux capacitor jokes" so money well spent in my opinion Smile

Sorry I didn't get to see you again Nigel. Was going to have a chat with you about SOA and the Lambo.

I saw there was another right hand drive there too.... SIJ *** who's is that?

Stuart
Stuart
VIN# 5641 "Maddie"
DOC 414
Ware, Herts. UK

[Image: signature.jpg]

Emagine Productions

W: www.emagineproductions.co.uk
Stuart.

Damn, I was hoping to be the first sporting a new replica Flux Cap at a show, but I'm holding off till late July when I plan to give it to my son for his 10th birthday (we're odd folk here in Essex). Sadly didn't see yours at SS, but glad the crowd reaction was good. Sorry too to miss out on the chat, don't know where the day went !

The Fluxie is sort of a pre-cursor to the DeLorean I've got him too which is in storage :-), not sure when to tell him about that ! Was planning on waiting till he's 21 (and just might get insured for it as it's a LHD), but don't know if I can keep mum that long ! The question is, come the time, will I want to give a 38 year old classic car with 200 miles on the clock to a 21 year old ??? Only time will tell.

Are you the `pole cam` guy who Martin has referred to in the past ?

If you're anywhere near Essex on 26th June, we're having a meet ! Non Essex Boys welcome too :-) http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1834
Best regards,

Nigel (DOC 447)

`Stan` RHD VIN 5565
`Olly` LHD VIN 3720
and that yellow thing with odd doors :-)
Hi Nigel... Stu was parked about 2 cars to the right of your lambo, and yep, he's Mr polecam Wink

SIJ 1079 was/is the Hoopers' - James came over and said hi just as I arrived. He'd clocked "the other right hander" but I didn't get a chance to introduce you!

There're several pics of Stu's D and Nigel's yellow beast over on Pistonheads.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Ok - mine arrived this morning. Play.com I don't think will ever get it in stock, so I got mine (via ebay) from here:

http://www.scifistudio.com/back-to-the- ... 4569-p.asp

£158 inc. p&p.

You get what you pay for I think. Made in China. Metal case. 3 AA batteries in the back. 2 switches inside the case (both do on/off and adjustable light speed) - 1 for the middle strobe, 1 for the pulsing LEDs. You can see in the pictures that the build quality isn't there (bottom light bit needed re-glueing, and had to take protective sticker off of the same bit of perspex) - but both overcomable, and quite happy. Agreed - it could be brighter, but good enough, and easy to install, given it's battery operated!

[Image: flux1.jpg]
[Image: flux2.jpg]
[Image: flux3.jpg]
[Image: flux4.jpg]
[Image: flux5.jpg]
[Image: flux6.jpg]
[Image: flux7.jpg]
I hope you disconnected the capacitor drive before opening it !

Well, that's what it says on the front anyway!

(only messing)

NickT
Why do these things cost so much? They probably cost the same to produce as a £20 toy.
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
Shipping and availability mainly. This is an "officially licensed" (from Universal) replica, of 1000 worldwide only, not that that means a lot. You could make one yourself pretty cheap - Bozzy can tell you all about that!, if you've got the time (granted - you'd have a lot of "time" if it worked!).

Another thing to note is that it is "big". Mike's goes on the back shelf upright nicely. This needs an angle if you want to see out of the back, and looks a bit silly with the cargo net installed.
)hi

i have seen some of them but there still no way better than bruce for working right i here that few hundred of them are faulty by strobeing backwards plus they run of batterys how long is that going to last before you have to put in new batterys mine has to work of the bttf battery in the car to get the brightness when i hitt 88 mph (yea right Big Grin)
Well mine did come from Play.com, and at a reduced rate of only £99 inclusive of postage. As previously noted, if you wanted to mount it properly, some mods would be needed. On the other hand, I was happy to just lay mine down......

[Image: 6581161.jpg]

Mind you, it was expected beginning of may, and it was late june when it actually arrived......

Ben