Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stainless Exhausts
I can see exactly what you mean Ben. Its just not for me. All or nothing for me :wink: Good luck with it and post up some pics and vid when its done. Preferably not in the Events section though as this has gone sooo off topic :lol:
VIN: 6511
Isn' t the origional back box stainless steel anyway ...??
Darren C Wrote:
Dan1986 Wrote:The long bracket is standard Delorean stuff.
Dan,
That's not what I was asking. I know how much they are from DMCH, but didn't know if Stu got it in the price quoted?
Best Regards
D
Darren,
I bought new exhaust brackets, mounts & heatshield extra from Ed Uding.
He will buy your old brackets from you (core exchange) and they complemented the new exhaust very nicely. Smile
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
The original is stainless, yes, Mike. But there are different grades & I rekon its just a lower grade/quality.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
My backbox has a bit of surface rust in the middle so can't be a very good grade as standard.
VIN: 6511
Yeh, I think I'm right in saying, the only grade that really does not rust is 304 which the bodies are made of, any thing less than that & it will.
I sell motorcycle parts for a living & obviously most of the exhausts are stainless, but the standard stuff the Japanese fit always rust away in the same way as the D' one does.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Darren,
I bought new exhaust brackets, mounts & heatshield extra from Ed Uding.
He will buy your old brackets from you (core exchange) and they complemented the new exhaust very nicely. Smile
Stu[/quote]

Thanks Stu.

It really finishes it off well. Big Grin Picked my car up from Martin G's today. Took a look at rotbotts Turbo conversion underway. His exhaust is art work Big Grin

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Looks good! 8)

Any chance of a video of it running; tickover and acceleration?

Stephen