Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brake master...is there a parts cross ref for the UK
Hi

after my front caliper lockup (has already been rebuilt a year ago), i am looking to change the brake master.

is there an equivalent?. could it be off a saab?.

thanx.

is there any here that supplies front caliper rebuild kits and stainless pistons?.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Brake Master Cylinder listed in:

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=735

NickT
steve.s Wrote:Hi

thanx.

is there any here that supplies front caliper rebuild kits and stainless pistons?.

I got re-cond calipers a few years ago for about £30.00 a pop, so this might be as cheap as a re-build kit, perhaps change the fluid if it's old as it may have water in it? and the flexi hoses if origional as one of mine had failed and collapsed (as NickT mentioned)
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
hi

thankyou for that.

the calipers were reconned a year or so ago, and the car has only just been used.

i will probably take them off, and maybe fit a new kit...when i do the jobs myself i know exactly what has been done.

just in case for example they could have used the wrong piston...which is jamming/locking in place.

flexi hoses have already been replaced, and all fluid is new, however there could be a bit of dirt again jamming the piston, stopping it returning.

thanx again.

Steve
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
hi

is the correct oem bias definately the 62/38? for the master.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Sure is, 62/38
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
BTW just thought about it Dave H has got a couple of new M/C in stock. I know cos' I spoke to him about one last week.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]