Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locks and Windows
Well, this evening after having had them apart and back together again dozens of times, I've finally got my locks, door openers, all the mechanisms and whatnot all working beautifully and reliably! Hooray! This has been a several month project, on and off - so protracted that I've had my fascias resprayed in the meantime, in fact.

Anyway, so all is working reliably, so I've eventually re-fitted all the door linings, thinking, well, if I never see this lot again, it'll still be too soon.

However, yin and yang and all that, the balance of power was rapidly returned to the negative when my passenger's side window bust on the very first try after refitting the door. Motor runs reasonably smoothly, glass is hanging at a crazy angle and not budging an inch. This has worked abslutely 100% for that last four years, incidentally.

And thus, order is restored.

Any tips for refitting the windows? And can someone get me the number for the Samaritans? This car is occupying far too much of my time at the moment and I just want everything to be in a working condition simultaneously!!! Is that really too much? HOW DID IT KNOW that that was the very fisrst try AFTER putting all the sodding door back together!!!!

Now I'm not one for these little yellow whatnots but this deserves this one: :evil:
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
iv got shares in the samaritans :lol: its one of the joys of owning one of these lovely machines :x
I have the same sort of thing ... turbo starts letting oil in, i get it rebuilt and put it on the car along with the volvo gear i aquired and it smoked like a red arrow. I put the original bits back on set it up and its still the same, but it wasn't doing it before, now work that out :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Slightly off the subject, but it was the Samaritans thing that prompted this, it might cheer you up a bit!
Anyhow this was how it went;
A mate of mine was a car mechanic at a garage in Mansfield, there was hardly any parking space, so all the guys from the garage used to park on a large expanse of, what was really waste land across the road. This 'waste land' belonged to the Samaritans building which was situated at the side of it, but because the guys who worked in the garage started work earlier than the Samaritans, by the time they got to work there was no spaces left to park.
After a few weeks of this, the 'gaffer' of the Samaritans, came into work especially early to catch the offenders & give them a telling off.
As my mates locked his car & is walking away, this guy comes running up the car park shouting to him, that he's not allowed to park there.
Quick as you like, my mate says, "aw' let me leave it there or I'll kill me self" Guy from the Samaritans was kind of speechless.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Job done, I think. Good old bank holiday weekends. Going for a walk in the countryside or a day by the sea? Not likely!

MOT next Tuesday. I hope they're impressed by the quality of the central locking...!

Have also re-oranged my indicators with some of that translucent paint - look fantastic, should have done it years ago!!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126