Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epoxy
My chassis is in great shape but there are a couple of areas that I want to tackle/touch up.

[Image: Epoxymatchingcopy.jpg]

Has anyone found a great aftermarket match?

Does Epoxy have to been used or would a suitable Hammerite type product do a good job if layered with multiple coats?

I see no point in colour matching the original Epoxy colour code (i.e. the bits that have not been exposed to sunlight etc) as the mismatch would be obvious. The clever solution is one that is based on the lighter grey finish that has developed over the years.

Any ideas anyone?
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
you can mix some black hammerite into the grey hammerite you know....
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
that was plan b....
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
...go on... what is the new picture of ??..... Smile
JK74 built in 1994 :lol:
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Sorry im a dumb ass, ive still got no idea....its something to do with being brought up in Hull im sure...
Nope, I just stared at it and couldn't work it out. Do you like mine? Smile The Skyline forums are excellent sources of amusing avatars.... although you won't let me use the REALLY good ones...
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Chris Hawes Wrote:JK74 built in 1994 :lol:

reminds me of the mystery objects they used to have on "Ask the Family" in the 1970's...... (showing my age! lol)

A search of Google didnt reveal much either :?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Yes me neither, first thing i did was google it.

Go on put us all out of our misery..... Smile
'POR 15' grey seems to be a good match, it also is supposed to be a very good product paint/rust preventer. it's very this though so you need a few coats. And dont get it on your skin. Neither do I know what a JK74 is Cry
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
I have 3 x 1 litre buckets of 'marine grade' grey epoxy paint up for grabs if anyone needs some, i had to buy 5 litres of the stuff just to touch up the bits on my frame.

I will also supply with it 100ml of black epoxy pigment to darken the shade to match your particular frame ( as each frame shade is different )

If anyone would like some please contact me i will supply this at my cost c £10 a litre + postage.
Hi Mike,

1 litre should do it. Contact me off like for the postage plus black pigment details etc.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
bozzzydmc Wrote:I have 3 x 1 litre buckets of 'marine grade' grey epoxy paint up for grabs if anyone needs some, i had to buy 5 litres of the stuff just to touch up the bits on my frame.

I will also supply with it 100ml of black epoxy pigment to darken the shade to match your particular frame ( as each frame shade is different )

If anyone would like some please contact me i will supply this at my cost c £10 a litre + postage.

Hi Mike,

can you reserve me one too?

I've got some nasty rust to attend to on Flopsy's frame thanks to the brake master cylinder leaking all over the frame before I bought the car.

Cheers,

Claire
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
me too !

I'll have a litre.

NickT.
Oh well, Another product to stop selling. Didnt want anything for Christmas anyway Big Grin