Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My D passed its MOT today :)
My D passed its test today Smile, but had a pre-test niggles and a couple of failures.

The car started up first time on the button, drove ok, braked OK etc.
However, when checking the lights it popped a fuse on main beam.
The 20amp fuse was replaced and again it popped.
A lamp was removed and with a 15 amp fuse tried again, it worked.
The removed lamp worked on the bench.
The wiring was checked (no scotchlocks 8) ) and a multiplug was re-secured.
All reconnected with new 20 amp fuse.
Again it popped !!!!!!!
The 20 amp fuse was replaced with the 15 amp one earlier and all worked great !
Just goes to show not to trust the quality of fuses these days Shock

The car failed on emissions (quickly sorted as fuel computer temporarily stopped working!) and failed on hand brake efficiency. My car is an auto so the hand brake is hardly used.

Luckily the garage I have used previously for MOT's was quiet sp they let me use a ramp and adjust the cable. The pads were OK.

After this I had to wait until the MOT braking rollers were free and after the formalities I got a PASS certificate Smile

I am well chuffed seeing I have only done 500 miles since the last MOT. Most of that would have been EuroTech last year !

I also gave my Corsa Sport an oil & filter change, new spark plugs and fuel filter. This has cured the slight misfire just starting to occur first thing in the morning and the slight reluctance to start after the car was briefly run.

Just goes to show you need to keep on top of the servicing !

To top it off I have just quaffed my second beer and found out I don't have to be at work at 6am Big Grin

All in all a great weekend.

NickT
Nice work Mr 'T'. Talking of repairs I'll give you a shout when I'm ready for that wheel alignment gear.
Julian
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Sure no worries.

NickT
Hi Nick

Congrats on passing the MOT Big Grin

Best Regards
Darren
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Brilliant on the MOT! Big Grin Mine passed in October (previous owner) with no advisorys or nothing, but this weekend I have changed CV boots and track rod ends because they were both split and I can't believe they have just gone since october :?

Are the handbrakes on all deloreans pretty poor? Mine is terrible, I wouldn't trust it on a hill so always park in gear to be safe, but the cable is ok and the lever only has to come up a sensible amount to engage it, but its just so poor.

I need to do my wheel alignment too as Ive just put on new track rod ends. Anyone know if PJGrady have the facilities to do it? If not I'll give them a ring in the week.
VIN: 6511
My handbrake is pretty naff & it was the first job I did when I bought the car. New pads,discs were skimmed, all the cable adjusted correctly & free, but its still not great. When I took mine for the test, fortunately the tester has an E' Type which has the same set up. He basically said, 'if it makes anything at all' on the rollers, I'll pass it!
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
nice one nick thats another one sorted Big Grin TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:nice one nick thats another one sorted Big Grin TT

Only for 12 months though....Big Grin
Kelvin Tan