Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
volvo cpr pressure
hi all, im still in the process of changing over to volvo set up, one problem i have is over fueling but before i start sending things off for rebuilds, can anyone tell me the control pressure cold to hot on a volvo cpr, im assuming it starts around 1 bar then as it warms up goes up to about 4 1/2 bar correct me if im wrong, im only seeing 40 psi when warm then it stops increasing , also fuel pump pressure is around 70psi so its not that help Cry TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
tony boy ( tt )

playing with keith car today getting it ready for tomrrow show with pilot 25 is coing as well i ask keith about that due to this bttf car has the same parts as you alister & keith say it might be the control plunger my be sticking

i stick to the sparks from the flux Big Grin
it may be that glen, luckily i have a spare volvo one to borrow, il get to the bottom of it i want to drive the sodding thing TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi Tony,

That sounds about right.
I can dig my book out and scan in the temp/ pressure graph for the volvo gear for you.

Did you check the injectors for leakage/ spray pattern etc ?
If not I can do a test for you or you can pull all injectors out and put them all in separate coffee jars (with fuel lines still attached), run the fuel pump then press down on the metering flap to check.
This would also do a fuel volume test too.

Hope this helps,

Nick.
hi nick, i checked spray pattern and all the injectors are ok, i borrowed a book on k jet of my ole mate mr monk and it says cold control pressure was 16 psi @ 50 deg F and warm is 54-59 psi,, rest pressure is 25psi. system pressure is 65-77 psi which is in line with what i have. i may be a number of things and just needs fine tuning, its just one of those things that i will get my head round il keep you posted TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Have you adjusted the mixture adjustment yet and compared it to a gas analyser?

You could adjust it until the inside of the exhaust is a medium to dark grey colour as a get you going guide.

Good luck.

NickT
not done co yet nick, iv had a bit of a funny few days so havent had the time next weekend i hope TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
well im stuggling people, i have changed it back to delorean set up and its still smoking, it seems to be sucking oil from somewhere i think, so either an oil ring has gone or the head gasket is suspect or it just needs a damn good thrashing any ideas would be appreciated love TT Cry real tears tony :lol:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Not sure without looking at it, unless you have a fuel injector that has stuck open or something.

NickT
i think # 5 pot is buggered, maybe an oil ring nick. Il keep on it iv got till june but the withdrawel syptons are getting worse :lol:
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor