Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No More Speed After 4000RPM
It's a generic single wire narrowband lambda sensor that you can buy at any motor factors. It'll cost about £45 though, and you'l need to crimp a new connector onto it.

Looks to me like FedEx have lost it. Let Warren know and I'm sure he'll chase them up.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I have a new oem spare one if you need one Al
or you could see

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=877
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Replaced the fuel filter and metering head today and now the car is perfect again 8)

I took it for a drive after setting the mixture to 2% and she was amazing, felt really tight and had great throttle response. She will redline in all gears now (well, not 5th of course!) in 3rd she will go all the way to nearly 6000RPM before my ears start to bleed from the noise of the exhaust....

Speed wise I am sure she is much much faster, I was able to hit 100 on the motorway with ease.

I hate to say it but I was stupid to replace the metering head in the first place, my old one was fine and I could have ruined my engine by fitting that new one. I will have to send Ed Uding an email now to ask him for a refund (again) :oops:

I had a slight problem with my fuel filter (see other post) but I have sorted that and there is no leaks. I ordered a new stainless fuel filter to metering head line from John Hervey which I should have on Tuesday, the old one was quite rusty on both ends and the rubber looked in pretty bad shape, I used it today to see if the car worked and it was fine but I dont trust it.

Just like to thank everyone who emailed and PM'd me, all you help was great and to those who said it was a fuel problem - well done!
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.